Sunday Social ~ Fall

I'm sure everyone is out there enjoying a fantabulous weekend, but don't forget to link up with Ashley and Neely for Sunday Social ;)



Now don't get me wrong, I'm no where near ready for fall to begin, as summer is by far my favorite time of year (and Christmas!) but this post is all about fall.




What is your favorite fall activity?


~ When we lived in Connecticut, my favorite activities were going to the corn maze at Lyman Orchards, carving pumpkins, going to the Durham Fair and the Big E, and going through the Connecticut Wine Trail. Now that we live in Florida, and fall doesn't really exist except when it's supposed to be winter, I enjoy breaking out my boots and scarves for a few months.







My mom and I always entered the baking contests and I've taken home a few blue ribbons, but my mom almost always gets "Best in Show" for the state baking contest and the state apple pie contest. No wonder I love her cooking!












Do you follow a football team? If so, which one and why?


~ I used to be a huge Cowboys fan.. always was since elementary school. I loved Deion Sanders and Troy Aikman. But.. Tony Romo has put a bad taste in my mouth. Now, I root for the Chiefs with my H, the Giants (my Yankees counterpart) and the Bucaneers.. our new home team. Oooh and I like the Saints too :)








What is something fun about fall in your area?


~ Epcot's Food and Wine Festival.. nuff said! 



and Halloween Horror Nights at Universal



What are your favorite fall outfit staples? 

Skinny jeans, boots, scarves, blazers, and darker nail polish colors. I like to still incorporate some bright colors. I feel like a lot of people are too blah in the cooler months and only stick to browns, blacks, and grays. I try to keep the color going year round :)







and nothing keeps my tootsies warm or as comfy as my Uggs.







What things are you looking forward to most this fall season? 

~ Carving pumpkins, decorating the house for Halloween, and most of all... BAKING! I make some amazing pumpkin spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and pumpkin pancakes!



What is your favorite fall holiday? Traditions?

~ Halloween and Thanksgiving are tied in my book. I love the fun of Halloween and the family feel of Thanksgiving. 

Lots of traditions on Thanksgiving.. watching the Macys Day Parade in the morning while the turkey is cooking in the oven, watching football all afternoon, and enjoying an amazing dinner with amazing people.


Hope everyone's having an amazing weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. no! i don't want summer to start yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ALWAYS wanted to visit the Northeast in the fall! So many beautiful colors. My favorite thing about fall is the smells - crisp air, pumpkin spice lattes, apple cider...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I LOVE that you put the Big E in here! I spent part of my childhood in Amherst, MA- and I without a doubt remember the Big E. There is nothing like fall up north! I'm kinda excited about fall (normally I never want summer to end!) this year though, since I'm back in Georgia and there actually is a fall :)

    Loving those fall outfits. SO cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is the reason I stay in New England, haha. I can't wait for fall to come! Especially the cooler temps!

    ReplyDelete