Fondue, Cake, & Champagne

Is there any better combo than cake and champagne? Maybe throw some cheese fondue in there and I'm in a food coma.


We stayed in for v-day as we always do, and I made fondue for dinner and we enjoyed a few bottles of almond champagne and a heart shaped strawberry cake for dessert out by the fire pit. And our next door neighbor who is a cake decorator, dropped off some festive cookies and cupcakes which of course were delicious.

The rest of the weekend was pretty quiet, but it was beautiful out so we enjoyed breakfast on the patio and got some more plants for the yard and the cutest little statue I ever did see.... who wouldn't want a bulldog statue for the yard? My heart melted when I saw it and just had to have it.



Another amazing find on Pinterest led me to creating a heart shaped cake for our v-day dessert. So easy and once again I felt like "Why didn't I think of that?!" :-P


It's finally started to warm up and feel like the sunshine state again, but last week was pretty chilly. I'm hoping to retire my boots and scarves until next year, but I have a feeling my pretty sparkly new scarf will see a few more days of wear.



I'll leave you with one of the best quotes I came across on Pinterest. I couldn't have said it better myself. If you don't have a passport... get one! Get out there and explore this big beautiful world. You're welcome ;-)







How was your weekend?

15 comments:

  1. YAY! The cake came out awesome! Sounds like a great time you had too!! I want a cake decorator for a neighbor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scarf & the cake - awesome idea! Glad you had a great weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it interesting that everything I focused on in this post wast the dessert! :) Your outfit is super cute too. The scarf and sweater are really nice touches! So glad you had a nice weekend! Stopping by from the link up *erica* www.lookingtothestars.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the perfect weekend to me!! I LOVE that bulldog statue. It's so adorable and perfect for your yard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake... the cookies... the cheese! UGH it looks sooooo good!
    I'm super jealous that you have a fire pit. I've been trying to convince my husband that we need one but he just doesn't get it.
    I'm coming to your house next V Day! ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. you always make the cutest things, that cake is so cute and pretty! I love the statue, that is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That heart cake is so cute!! And I loved your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that quote :) and that fondue looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake turned out awesome! And your Valentine's Day sounds absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like such a good time! What a good idea to do fondue at home. We were going to go to our favorite fondue restaurant until we heard they were charging $70+ per person for Valentines dinner. What a rip off! I bet it's better homemade anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fondue at home sounds like a pretty good valentine's day to me. Also, I never thought of making a heart shaped cake before, and I didn't know it was that easy. Seriously, how did we never think it was just a circle and square pan?

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  12. that sounds perfect!! that cake is so perfect too! and I LOVE fondue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay your valentines day sounds great!! Plus the cake and cookies look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I saw your fondue post (I think on Instagram?) I told my fiancé we are having a fondue night outside as soon as it's warm enough!

    Also, that quote is my favorite. I'll be on my 4th trip of the year come April, and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cake is so cute! I love being outside and it is warm enough where we live to do it outside but our patio is tiny so we have not done it lately.

    Your outfit is so cute! I love scarves but they bother me so I rarely wear them.

    ReplyDelete