Daily Face Routine

I've struggled for a while (ever since going off the pill) with bad skin, and I've tried everything... and I mean everything to clear it up. I tried Proactiv which worked at first but then stopped, I tried the Clarisonic and gave up on it for a while, and tried various pills and creams from the dermatologist with little to no help.

Then I decided to ditch the prescriptions and went back to my Clarisonic using an oil-free acne wash while applying an acne stress control toner afterwards which seems to be working better than everything else I've tried. I love how the Clarisonic is so deep cleaning and really gets down into my pores and removes dirt and makeup. At night, I also apply Olay's Regenerist for the wrinkles that are starting to develop around my eyes, and in the mornings I use a moisturizer before applying CC Cream that contains SPF in it and apply my favorite new lip balm EOS for my lips.


Face Care

Daily Facial Routine




I feel that once I stopped fighting my skin so hard, is when it started to calm down. Using a gentle cleansing brush like my Clarisonic with an oil-free wash has been the answer I was looking for. It's still by no means perfect, but it's much better and that makes me happy.

What has or hasn't worked for you in terms of skin care?


8 comments:

  1. The clarisonic has saved my life! We have opposite skin (mine is dry) but it's crazy how the thing really works for everyone. I've been thinking about trying Hope In A Jar.. how do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE my new Clarisonic too *wink*. I've already run out of the cleanser that came with it and just started using Philosophy's purity cleanser and love it works so far. What's the Hope in a Jar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started using Noxema two months ago at night. Like the cold cream old time stuff. And it freaking works. I'm still amazed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am impressed!! i really need to be better about my face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not very good about washing my face twice a day. Thankfully I have relatively good skin, but too much washing dries it out. I've wanted to try the clarisonic though

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great daily routine. I'm still tweaking mine. I feel like I need to do different things for different seasons. I'm using a toner right now, but haven't seen any real benefits of it.
    GoGo Girl Fit Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. What works for me is noxema and organic virgin coconut oil.. I use coconut oil for just about everything :)

    ReplyDelete