Another Amazing Weekend Comes to an End

H and I had an incredible weekend! I'm so sad to see it come to an end, but at least it's a short week this week! So looking forward to going to the Keys!

We went to Happy Hour on Friday after work, and then went out for the evening. One of H's friends is seeing a bartender at a club downtown, so we drank for free all night. She amazed us... as soon as one of our drinks looked low she replenished it and kept bringing out rounds of shots. So much fun at the time.. Saturday morning not so much. *oy*


The bartenders were all wearing beautiful dark blue sequined tops, so I asked H's friend's girl where they got them from, and she said they were only $25! Sweeet!

Saturday was a slow start, and I didn't get my morning workout in unfortunately. We got some things done around the house and then got ready to go to a wine tasting with some friends.


We went to a beautiful winery and did a tour and then a tasting. We all stocked up on bottles of wine (I picked some up to bring back to CT as gifts, since so many people have brought me a bottle of my favorite local CT wine when they come to visit, I'm going to bring a bottle of a local FL favorite to them). 

I also picked up a cork holder, as H and I have been saving our corks since we were dating and they've been overflowing out of the dish we had them in.


I love things neat and organized so this made a huge difference to me :-P

After the winery we all headed to a sports bar for food and drinks. I was super hungry, so I felt so much better after we ate some food. The boys played pool and started competing for shots while I sat with the girls and got to know them better. Great day! 

Today, H worked on the yard while I cleaned the house and made my weekly pot of sauce and baked pumpkin cheesecakes. 

All ready for the oven!

Finished product

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Beat three 8 oz. packages of cream cheese until smooth
Add 15 oz. of pumpkin puree, 3 eggs, 1 egg yolk, 1/4 cup of sour cream, 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar, 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon, 1/8 tsp. of ground nutmeg, 1/8 tsp. of ground cloves and beat together until well blended.
Add 2 tbsp. of flour and 1 tsp. of vanilla, beat until well blended.
Pour into crust and spread out evenly and place in oven for 1 hour
Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours
Serve with whipped cream or cool whip

*I substitute in reduced fat or fat free cream cheese and sour cream to help make it a little healthier, and it's still delicious!*
*I also serve with fat free cool whip*
*I don't have a cake pan for cheesecakes, so I bought 2 pre-made pie crusts and baked in those*

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and is looking forward to the short week and Thanksgiving! :0)




1 comment: