Labor Day Weekend Randomness

I know I just got back from vacation, but having this 4 day weekend (I had Friday off as well thankfully) was amazing. Anytime, we get an extra day or two added to the weekend, I'm so much more refreshed when returning to work as is everybody else as well. You'd think companies would pick up on this considering our country has a deplorable amount of vacation time compared to most countries especially in Europe. Just give us a few more 3 day weekends and I'm sure that would make most people's work ethic improve! Ok.. rant over :-P

H and I had a semi-quiet weekend, as last weekend was getting home from our cruise and our friends stayed with us for a few extra days since they couldn't fly home due to Hurricane Irene. We miss them so much! We've had so many house guests over the last 2-3 months, it's really odd that no one is scheduled to come visit anytime soon. I was sad re-making up the guest room yesterday that I had no idea who it was being made up for. *tear*

It was so nice to relax, go to the gym, get sunkissed at the pool, and I had to get another pedicure since my last one got destroyed on the cruise by all the saltwater and sand.

I read Something Borrowed at the suggestion of several friends, and couldn't put it down. Of course, once I was done with it I had to go out and pick up Something Blue from Darcy's perspective. Loved the ending and how the author wrapped up the story.


Then... drumroll please.... on Saturday, I FINALLY got a new car!

Anyone who's known me since freshman year of college (10 years ago eek!) has known me to be driving this:

Her original name was "Cream Puff" as my bf still calls her, but I changed her name to the Crap Box and H shortened it to "Crappy". She was my best gal for 10 years and overstayed her welcome in my garage. 

I planned on purchasing a Toyota Corolla, but H and I stopped at a Nissan dealership first, and I ended up getting a 2012 Nissan Sentra in white of course! 

She's so purrty! 

It's so nice to have a car that has 25 miles on it and not 125,000! Also, it's nice to have AC again (yes I suffered through an entire Florida summer without air conditioning in my car). I knew I was getting a new car after we closed on the house, so I held out and refused to pay to fix it. I guess I'm cheap lol. 

For our cookout this weekend, I tried a pasta salad recipe from my aunt that I have always loved at family picnics and it came out really yummy!


Boil 1 lb. of rontini pasta
Rinse and drain it until the pasta is cooled
1-2 cans of chunk light tuna drained
3 stalks of celery chopped including the inner leaves
About 1/2 of a red onion chopped
2/3-3/4 of a jar of Miracle Whip Light
2-3 tsp. of ground black pepper
1/3 cup of dried parsley flakes

Mix it all together and then in mix in 8 oz. of chopped or cubed cheddar cheese and serve.

I'm usually a bake from scratch type of girl, but I just couldn't resist this box! It was so cute and so festive and perfect for this weekend.



My baked goods always taste better than they look. I'm not exactly a fine artist...


So yummy! In fact, I'm enjoying leftovers of it right now :0)







1 comment:

  1. I know what it's like to go through the Florida Summer's without air... it's HORRIBLE and I have done it too many times! Sorry about your car! But I am happy to hear that everyone is ok! :)

    ReplyDelete