Well Hello there Friday

I know it was a short week, but I'm so glad it's Friday and we're already 3 days into the new year... craziness!

I've never been one to make resolutions, but I do have a few goals for my blog this year. I created this blog with the intention of it being a fashion and beauty blog and somewhere along the line it turned into a lifestyle blog (which I love), but I'd like to get back to the basics at times and blog more about what I intended to blog about and titled my blog for. I'm hoping to do more outfit posts and upgrade from taking selfies in front of the mirror to actually posing somewhere outside and having H take some pics. Yes, he will find it quite awkward and humorous, but I know that after the laughter has subsided he will be supportive as he always has been of my little blog. Bless his heart....

I also plan on using my actual camera more instead of always posting grainy iPhone pics... you're welcome ;-)

But where were we? Oh yeah.... being thankful that it's Friday. I never quite recovered from NYE and didn't have enough time getting acquainted with my couch. Going back to work Thursday and Friday this week was a huge buzzkill. All I want is to catch up on my sleeeeeep. Mmmmmm sleep.

Tonight, I'm looking forward to happy hour at home and hoping to finally use my bath bombs and bath salts I picked up a few weeks ago. Yes, I have a date with my soaking tub... me, some bubbles, candles, wine, and my new bath pillow.



Tomorrow is Saturday which means sleeping in, breakfast on the patio, and a good morning workout. Later on, we're going to a friend's house to watch my Saints play their Eagles. Who dat? I never show up to any football watch party without buffalo dip and I'm sure we'll also be armed with Mich Ultras and Miller Lites.







Sunday, H is going golfing with some of the neighborhood fellas and I'll be at the house during what I consider the saddest day of the year. Yep... it's time to take all the Christmas decor down. I was too lazy on New Years Day to even think about it which secretly made me happy to keep it up a few days longer. I may just need some more wine to cheer me up. So depressing and the house is so nekked afterwards. Boooo...

After this weekend of recovery from the busy holiday season, I think it's time to start scheduling some brunch dates with the girls and finally getting my annual Disney pass. Can't wait to drink around the world without paying for admission first and riding Space Mountain and Expedition Everest to my heart's content.

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I'm rooting for the Saints too, Drew Brees is a Boilermaker like me! And yes, buffalo chicken dip should be served at every football get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, is that really your bathroom?! It looks like pure heaven. I'm not even a huge bath person but that bathroom is changing my mind! I was too lazy to take down my Christmas decorations this week so I'm waiting til Sunday, too.. glad I'm not the only one that is secretly happy about this. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH I love buff dip! Can't wait to see the changes in your blog. LOVE an OOTD!!


    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good 'ol iPhone outfit pics. ;) I seriously need a nice camera. It's definitely going to be on my Christmas list next year! I plan on taking down this next weekend, since we were busy this weekend with plans.

    Can't wait to see what you do in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not an NFL fan, but I live in Philadelphia and everyone around here was SUPER sad today about our loss last night! Congrats to you guys - enjoy what's to come!!! Hope you had a relaxing Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took mine down this weekend except for the outside since we had bad weather. Everything feels much cleaner!

    Also not an NFL fan like my fellow Philadelphian above (Laura) but everyone here is crying in their beers.

    ReplyDelete