Neutrogena

If you've been following me for a while you know I have not had good luck when it comes to skin care :-P

Over the past few years my skin has suddenly become very oily and acne prone. No, I'm not a teenager and yes I'll be 30 before I know it and I'm now dealing with cystic acne *sigh*. I've tried everything you name it I've tried it! Well, everything but Accutane. I'm willing to try it but everyone in my life has told me "don't you dare!"

When I first started my blog I gushed about how much I loved my clarisonic and Philosophy's Purity face wash. Well.... ever since my skin has gotten out of control in the past few years, I've gone from Proactiv to the Clarisonic, to the dermatologist where I got pills and topical creams, and back to Proactiv with only temporary help. All of these provided temporary help which gave me hope, but all eventually also let me down. They'd work great (but never anywhere near 100%) and then everything would get bad again while still using the products regularly and as directed.

I was recently patrolling the skin care aisle at Target (my happy place!) and came across Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control toner. I know you can't believe everything you read on the bottles of most facial creams/washes but for some reason this one caught my eye and I decided to give it a try. It promises to not only stop and prevent acne before it starts, but it also reduces oil and shine which has been a huge problem for me the past few years.

Not only has this process been working great, but it smells great too! It has a very pretty scent and doesn't smell at all like a typical astringent. 

I've been using this product for about a week, so I don't have any long term results, but so far so good. I've stopped using the Proactiv products (which I was on my 2nd try with and it worked and then stopped working) and this has been working much better than Proactiv, my Clarisonic, or my prescribed meds from the dermatologist. I'm really hoping this will be it and I won't find myself frustrated yet again after only a few short weeks. 

4 comments:

  1. I refused to take Accutane. No thank you!

    I haven't tried Proactiv just because I've heard it works great when you're using it, but once you stop, your acne not only comes back, but it comes back worse.

    So far I'm liking the Clarisonic Acne cleanser and brush head. And my makeup!

    I'm hoping I'll be one of those women whose acne goes away once they're pregnant. Girl can dream, right? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm i will have to try this out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try this! For some reason my skin has been out of control lately too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have issues with cystic acne too; but I refused to go on any kind of pill/medication; it freaks me out! What is the active ingredient in this toner?

    ReplyDelete