Product Review Overhaul

I realized I haven't reviewed any of my new goodies yet. So, I went up to my bathroom and snapped a bunch of what turned out to be really crappy quality pics.. sorry! I realized how badly I need a new camera. My good camera (my pink one) got sand in it at the beach so I've been using H's camera.


Benefit Eye Bright from Sephora. I bought it after seeing other fellow bloggers using it in the corner of their eyes to brighten them up (I have hereditary dark circles). I must not be applying it right because I'm not a fan. I feel like it looks kind of cakey and it disappears really quick. It definitely doesn't have longevity at all. So, even if I was applying it better, it wouldn't last very long. I don't think it's worth the $20 I paid for it.


Sorry if you can barely make it out, but it's Cover Girl Lash Blast. I had been using Maybelline's Falsies for a while, but decided to switch it up. I'm not really a fan of this either. It didn't give me the volume I get with the Falsies. I'll be switching back ;0)


Smashbox Photo Finish Primer from Sephora. LOVE it! I had been using MAC's Prep & Prime, but thought it was making my skin more oily, so I decided it was time for a switch. So glad I switched! Smashbox's primer goes on wet, but as you blend it in it gets powdery so it doesn't make me feel or look oily. My makeup goes on smooth over it and lasts all day. 


Sephora Collection Nano Eyeliner in Coffee. I had been using MAC's eye pencil, but was looking for a more budget friendly eyeliner that would also last all day. I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion before applying to help it last. It's a great color and for $5 it's a lot cheaper than the MAC version.


Sephora by OPI Break A Leg Warmer nail polish. I was so excited about this color and was so bummed when it started chipping the next day! I reapplied for 5 days in a row, and each day it was chipping more and more. I put down a base coat, 3 coats of the color and a top coat, so I'm not sure what went wrong. When I posted about it before, someone suggested that I return it which I plan on next time I visit Sephora.


Sephora Collection Pro Powder Brush #50 Love love love this brush! It's so soft and it applies foundation and bronzer perfectly and evenly. Can't recommend their brushes enough!


Philosophy Purity face wash. I was on the fence when purchasing this (I got the travel size just in case) and I looove it! I've been having adult acne issues (little bumps all over my forehead and other various spots on my face) since a little before the wedding last year. At first I thought it was the stress from the wedding, but then once the wedding was over and my acne wasn't I realized it was more than stress. I've tried every face wash under the sun... Proactiv, Clean & Clear, Sacylic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, Neutrogena, and I even purchased a Clarisonic and experienced the "clarisonic purge" and still didn't get clear skin. This was my last ditch effort before finally going to see a dermatologist. I've been using it with my clarisonic and it leaves my face feeling and smelling so clean. And it seems to actually be working! My face has begun to clear up, still not all the way there, but finally making some progress! Whoo hoo!


Makeup brush cleaner from Sephora. For only $6 this stuff is awesome! It gets the old makeup off my brushes and it smells amazing! I was literally sniffing my brushes after! :-P


Lola by Marc Jacobs... I've loved this perfume since it was released, but wasn't sure if it had all day lasting power. This is one of those perfumes that even after a long work day if I smell my wrists I can still smell it, but it's not over powering. Perfection!


Philosophy Miracle Worker anti-aging cream. I got this as one of my free samples (thanks Sephora!) and I've been using it around my eyes at night and I've noticed a difference in the wrinkles that have started popping up the past few years. I may splurge on the full size jar ;0)


I picked up a sheet of stud earrings at Forever 21 last weekend, they're super cute! 


I also picked up this long strand of peachy colored faux pearls from Forever 21. They look great against a black top for a pop of color. 


No comments:

Post a Comment