Chicken Sausage.. who knew?

Those Hillshire Farm commercials for chicken sausage caused me to build up a craving to cook with it. You know this one:



So, tonight for dinner I decided to try a new dish using chicken sausage instead of italian sausage which has a lot less fat.

.

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.

In a large pan or skillet heat olive oil and chicken sausage. Cook through until the meat is no longer pink. 

Add diced onion and garlic to pan.

Add a can of chicken broth, 1 tsp. dried basil, and cherry tomatoes.

Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, then slightly reduce heat.

Add 10 oz. spinach cover and let simmer until spinnach is tender (I skipped this step since H doesn't like spinach)

Add pasta to pan and mix together. Sprinkle with shredded parm cheese and serve. 

Very yummy and good for you! 

Speaking of good for you, one of the things I'm not a fan of is high calorie cocktails. Well, I'm a fan of them, just not the calories. I've been a huge fan of Bethenny Frankel's Skinny Girl Margaritas and am eagerly anticipating the release of her Skinny Girl Sangria later this month, and I was very curious to try those MGD 64 Lemonades I keep seeing advertised. 


So, H and I picked some up a few weeks ago, and I keep forgetting to review them on here. At first, I thought they were terrible. I was expecting them to taste like a light version of Mikes Hard Lemonade, but what they really taste like is a watered down beer with a hint of lemon favor mixed with splenda. I was turned off by them and let them sit in the fridge. A few days later I decided to give it another try, and this time I enjoyed it more. Still not a big fan, but much better than the first try. My final verdict is that it's good enough if you're looking for a refreshing drink at a summer campfire or at the beach, but it's not amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment