Best in Show

We bid farewell to October with a date night at a new-to-us restaurant where I found the best Aperol Spritz I've had here in the States. Nothing, and I mean nothing has compared to enjoying one in Italy. I've found some tasty ones here back at home, but finally found a spot that makes them almost as good as in Italy. I was almost transported right back to the Navigli Canal in Milan. Almost... 





As promised, I rocked the new faux leather shorts, and they were so insanely comfy for all the food and walking around. Highly recommend!

Faux Leather Cropped Tank {available in 7 colors} | Faux Leather Paperbag Shorts | Moto Jacket | Ankle Booties {similar} | Necklace | Lipstick in Fabby






Lil' Miss kicked off her Halloween fun with Book Character Day and a trunk-or-treat at school. Then, that evening she had a Halloween Party at gymnastics. After just those 2 events, she had cupcake and marker stains on her costume and 2 tears in the front. I spot treated the stains, and was able to get the costume to carry her to 1 more party at her friend's house and for the grand finale of trick-or-treating. Those costumes weren't made for rambunctious kindergarteners with a jam packed social schedule. Ha! 




H and I broke out our cave people costumes that we've had since 2012. His has even gone international, as he wore it on the beach in Punta Cana when we were there for a friend's wedding over Halloween in 2015. Love love love getting more than 1 use out of a Halloween costume. And we even won a trophy at a friend's party over the weekend for best couple's costume. "The Flintstones" will be back in the coming years I'm sure of it. 




I also tried out Andrea's beer cheese dip for all the festive fun over the weekend, and it was DELISH! Do not sleep on this recipe for all the fall fun in November - perfect for by the fire, pre-dinner, an app for a party, Thanksgiving etc... YUM! 




Shop this Post



8 comments:

  1. What a fun Halloween- and you guys rocked the matching costumes, for sure! And bonus point for sustainability by reusing old costumes, haha.

    I have to try Andrea's beer cheese stat!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuax leather shorts are my go-to this time of year. Love how you styled them xo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beer cheese dip looks SO good!! I love your couple costume and how you have worn it periodically over the years!! You always find the best cocktail places. Yum.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Flinstones costumes are fabulous! And, your daughter is adorable as a unicorn!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cheese dip looks absolutely amazing! Aperol is one of my fave drinks too :) x

    mia // https://miasdiyprojects.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutest Cave people I ever did see. So you made the dip it looked just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of you had great costumes for Halloween. I love those drinks but only ever get them abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cutest little unicorn!! also that dip looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete