Hidden Gem

Another beautiful weekend in the books, albeit a heavy one. All the emotions are flying high right now, but I am thankful that I was able to spend quality time with my husband while Lil' Miss enjoyed a gymnastics party at her gym (their monthly parents night out parties are GOLD!) and then on Saturday I spent quality time with my best girl and took her to the playground before having lunch at one of our favorite local spots. Lots of outdoor time and sunshine which is always good for the soul.


Floral Maxi Dress | Wedges | Camera Bag in Deep Marine | Necklace in Rose Gold | Lipstick in Twig | Baguette Ring

For date night we headed to the Tap Room at Dubsdread which is right on the golf course, and we even saw a wedding going on. We asked for a table outside with golf course views, and the weather was perfection. 


Then we headed into downtown for a nightcap to check out The Wellborn which is the cutest hidden gem that is actually a part of a boutique hotel, and has a beautiful courtyard and kitchen and bar. My girlfriends and I have been talking about checking out their brunch, but had to postpone. So, fingers crossed our schedules will align soon because I can't wait to go back. 



They have the prettiest cocktails, and even the bathrooms are super cute. I walked in, and not only did it not "smell like bathroom" but there was a bathtub filled with colorful ball pit balls. In my opinion it's a look don't touch situation because well it is a public bathroom. Ha! 








The next morning, I decided to skip my workout after throwing some laundry in and take Lil' Miss to the playground and out for some lunch. She was living her best life running around, going down all the slides and climbing to her hearts content. She makes me SO nervous with how high she climbs, but she's a champ. Mini cheeseburgers with a side of fruit instead of fries was her lunch order which didn't stop her from stealing some of my fries of course! 




We are ALMOST done on the DIY closet re-design. Just need to add the shelves above the bars in the back, organize a few more things and clear out all the tools. I couldn't be happier with how it came out, and am incredibly thankful that we didn't spend thousands of extra dollars for professional installation. It was daunting at first, but actually not that bad and SO worth it! 



If you haven't been following along on Instagram Stories, this is the before shot: 



This is something I've wanted to do for several years, but couldn't stomach the cost of professional installation. It's seriously SO expensive, like I'm talking we could gut our kitchen for the same amount. Craziness! 

My husband mentioned a few months back that he could install it himself if we purchase closet systems from Home Depot or Lowes. I initially said absolutely not because I was afraid it couldn't be done, but I eventually warmed up to the idea and am SO glad I did. We ordered everything from Home Depot, and he's been working on it here and there on the weekends or at night. 

As you can see above the "before" photo is a cluttered mess and horrible use of the space. We had a builders grade rack going around the whole perimeter and that was it. No fun shelves or drawers, no tiered racks, etc... I even still had a plastic dresser that I used in college to move back and forth from the dorms. It was bad...

I'll come back with final photos, and a breakdown of everything we ordered, what we needed and the roadblocks we ran into. 

Shop this Post



11 comments:

  1. Those cocktails look delicious and how fun is that bathtub! Sounds like the perfect weekend!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your date night look - so pretty! I cant wait for spring weather so we can go to the playgrounds again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend my friend! XO, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your drinks are definitely photographable!

    Glad you decided to try the closet project out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, how yummy do those cocktails look...especially the purple one?! Yes, please...GIMMIE!! (and to answer your question about my work schedule, I get to work one week at home and then one week in the office. I really like it!).

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your closet is looking so good!!! Those drinks are so pretty. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That place is so cute! The ball pit balls in the tub - love it! You know I'm a details girl, so stuff like that is just the best to me! And your closet is looking fantastic! It's going to be soooo dreamy when you get done. I want to do mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your closet is coming right along- it looks amazing!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  9. That purple cocktail is so pretty. I love watching your closet reno. I want a walk in closet so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your dress for date night and it's good you were able to take your daughter to the playground too! We go so many times to all the different playgrounds around us - the kids love it. Sometime we catch up with friends, sometimes just by themselves but if we don't go at least twice a week the kids get antsy, haha!

    So nice seeing how your wardrobe is looking too! I planned mine all out with Ikea pieces but my uncle put it all together for me as I knew that I'd never be able to do that on my own, haha! My wardrobe room is my favourite room of the house!

    Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope that you are having a good weekend :) Another sunny day here thankfully, helping things dry out after the floods!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh your weekend looked amazing and the Wellborn does look good! I love when eateries and bars have great bathrooms to me it is all about the details. The park looked wonderful I bet she had a great time. And indeed we are living in some scary troubling times I really don't know what to think anymore.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete