Brownies and Brunch

Are we already more than halfway through February? I'm still feeling major burnout, but had a few days off last week (to burn through unused PTO before losing it on my work anniversary) which definitely helped. I treated chronic pain with a much needed massage, continued work on our DIY closet re-design, baked Valentine's cookies with Lil' Miss and helped her get ready for her classroom party, rocked out like a proper millennial to the Super Bowl halftime show and met Emily for a Galentine's Day brunch on the water. 


Top {Similar} | Peep Toe Booties | Camera Bag in Deep Marine | SunniesLipstick in Twig | Necklace | Drusy Ring in Rose Gold






If you've been following along on Instagram, I've been documenting in Stories how we are currently tackling a DIY master closet re-design. This is something I've wanted to do for several years, but couldn't stomach the cost of professional installation. It's seriously SO expensive, like I'm talking we could gut our kitchen for the same amount. Craziness! 

My husband mentioned a few months back that he could install it himself if we purchase closet systems from Home Depot or Lowes. I initially said absolutely not because I was afraid it couldn't be done, but I eventually warmed up to the idea and am SO glad I did. Because even though we're about 2/3's done I'm already LOVING the newly transformed space. We ordered everything from Home Depot, and the sections have been arriving, and he's been working on it here and there on the weekends or at night. 

As you can see above the "before" photo is a cluttered mess and horrible use of the space. We had a builders grade rack going around the whole perimeter and that was it. No fun shelves or drawers, no tiered racks, etc... I even still had a plastic dresser that I used in college to move back and forth from the dorms. It was bad..

Fast forward to our current progress, and we're getting there. One side is completely done, the back wall just needs the rods hung up (they need to be cut to fit the space), the corner pieces are in, and we just need to finish the other wall. Once everything is complete, I'll come back and share the entire process including some of issues we've run into. 




Here's a breakdown of the closet system pieces we purchased:

ClosetMaid White Wood Closet System kits - 1 for each side wall (currently 25% off)
Corner Closet Towers for each far corner - they made it easy to connect everything
1 Narrow Closet System for the back wall

We're pleasantly surprised by the quality of the materials and easy to follow directions and installation. After measuring, make sure you're ordering closet system kits that will fit your space appropriately and utilize the existing holes in the walls after removing what's currently there to locate the studs. 




We're excited for the sweetest new addition in town - Stackd Brownies recently opened up a brand new store, and we took home some deliciousness to enjoy along with a dozen mini's for Lil' Miss to treat the teachers at her school. Each batch of gourmet brownies are perfectly baked daliy, and the best part - they work with local suppliers for the finest and most authentic ingredients. Yummy and REAL ingredients? YES please! 












Emily and I met up at one of our favorite brunch spots to catch up over good food and bottomless mimosas. We both skipped the traditional orange juice mimosa, and she went with pineapple while I went with grapefruit before we took our last drink outside to enjoy by the water. Perfect Galentine's Day celebration of our 11 years and counting friendship! 







Shop this Post



8 comments:

  1. Your closet looks great! I can't wait to see the finished result! Our master closet is so small - I love how spacious yours is!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how your closet turns out! It is looking fantastic so far! I customized the layout of my closet when we built our house, but we used the builder-grade racks to save money, and I've been wanting to have somebody come in and redo it with wood. That would be so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun filled few days!! A closet makeover is always so much fun - cant wait to see the final! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those brownies look really good. Your closet is looking great. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Emily are so cute! I can't wait to see the finished product of your closet! I love stuff like that! Glad you got some time off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The closet is looking great! I'd like to do mine too, so it's good to know that it can be an affordable project! XO

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those brownies look so delicious! Your closet it looking good, cant wait to see the finished project. Definitely feeling some burnout over here too. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are looking so fresh and these brownies are looking so yummy!

    Love: Mariann Yip
    https://www.mariannyc.com/my-book-is-launching/

    ReplyDelete