Influenced

I can't believe it took me so long, but I finally hopped on the bodysuit wagon. I dipped my toe in the pool with this turtlenecked beauty and wonder why I waited so long. Plus, I feel like I'm making Kelly proud! She has the BEST bodysuit collection, and I was officially influenced! 


I paired it with my new favorite skinny jeans - eat your heart out Gen Z! Let's not forget the "trends" you think are oh-so-hot right now is what we rocked in middle school. So, I'll take my side part and skinny jeans and you can keep your Tide Pods thank you very much. Now, I'm just craving a night at the movies or trip to Blockbuster, and an ice cream sundae at Friendly's after. 


Bodysuit in Dusty Rose | Jeans | Heels in Royal Blue | Belt | Jeweled Bobby Pins | Sunglasses






In other news, I recently had a cavity filling fall out - while eating pretzels no less. So, I finally got myself to the dentist. I was SO good about keeping up with my appointments in 2020 despite the pandemic (and my initial fear that if I left the house to do anything other than to pick up groceries that I'd get sick - I have definitely gotten over that fear thankfully), but for some reason I skipped the dentist. 

I had been going every 6 months for cleanings, but I had a cleaning scheduled right when everything shut down which meant it was canceled. I never made a new appointment even though I had my annual women's health visit, my physical at my primary doctor, annual bloodwork done, and even my annual skin cancer check at the dermatologist. Welp - the filling falling out is what finally brought me back. I had an exam and needed a deep periodontal cleaning which is not cheap nor is it comfortable. I was also told that I would need either a root canal and a crown in the tooth where the filling came out or to have it pulled as the former would only be a temporary fix. I'm not happy to say the least, and have decided to pull it and just get it over with. If you're new here - I had the same exact thing happen about 7 years ago on the tooth directly below it. Thankfully, they have both been molars all the way in the back for vanity reasons - but having a tooth pulled is ZERO fun and neither is the recovery. So, here we go again. Keep your appointments guys! Don't skip them, take care of your health especially in the middle of a global pandemic. SO important! 








Shop this Post


21 comments:

  1. This bodysuit looks amazing on you! Love the color and those blue heels! I'm sorry about your tooth!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg you are ROCKING that bodysuit and you are totally making me proud lol! I LOVE that color on you!! Sending you all the prayers and good vibes for your next dental appt!

    Rosy Outlook 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad you hopped on this train girl because you absolutely look amazing in that bodysuit! Like I said on Instagram, it was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your tooth! I had to have the same thing done a few years back, and it is not fun. Chris had one pulled about two years ago too. The dentist is my most feared appointment always. I would rather have 4 pap smears than one dentist visit lol. I have been terrible about keeping my annual appointments for 2020 and I have GOT to get them on the books ASAP. Gen Z thinks they are so smart. All the Tide Pods went to their heads for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bodysuit!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: TEDDY COAT AND JEANS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I havent found a body suit that fits right yet, so I'll have to check this one out!! I'm sorry about the dentist, but it's great that you were able to stay on top of all the other appointments! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking hot! I need to schedule a dentist appointment: I have a cavity that needs to be taken care of. Insurance just changed so I have no excuse to wait!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bahahaha. I'm cracking up over your Gen Z comments. They can have those mom jeans!! So sorry you're having so much trouble with your teeth. This has been such a rough year and it's been so hard to keep up with preventive care. I don't think anybody wants to have to go to the dentist and have someone breathing directly into their mouths right now. Haha. I've gone three times since the pandemic started (once for a cleaning, once for a chipped tooth, and once for my TMJ issues) and it makes me soooo uncomfortable having someone that close to my face. They're being really safe at my dentist office, though, so that is comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look AMAZING in that bodysuit and jeans girlie!! I am so sorry about your dental situation. What an absolute pain. :-/ I have been to the dentist during all of this and it was fine. Going to my OBGYN downtown made me more nervous because I was worried about how many people would be there. But it ended up being totally fine too. So important to keep going. Sending you healthy vibes and a hug!! XO, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, I sooo want to know how the bodysuit works for you. I want to get one but I worry about wedgies. I love the idea of something not coming untucked. Plus I have a long torso. Second, I ma so sorry about the dentist. I skipped my appt in August and have one very soon. I am worried that skipping one is going to cause a lot of problems. I have a tooth that needs a root canal or pulling in a few years, but that could be sooner depending on the state of my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Gen Z comment. I had a body suit I wore on a girls trip to Austin (ah, remember those?) and I loved it. I haven't worn it since and I need to break it out! Sorry about the tooth troubles! I have kept up with that, but I have skipped my skin check. I need to schedule that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great!! Seriously, you are rocking it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love bodysuits, and this one is fabulous on you! Way to get on board!

    I hope you are having a great week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hot mama! You are rocking this body suit! And now I want a quick Blockbuster trip to get the weekend started ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice! I love turtlenecks in al their variations!
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great! Love the blue pumps.

    Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2021/02/nyfw-outfit-2021.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this casual chic look! You look amazing!
    Edwige | http://www.hypnozglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've had so many teeth problems over the years, and it truly is expensive & the worst to go through. I'm so sorry! I feel your pain (literally). Love this body suit on you, I still need to jump on that train too!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm very sorry for your tooth problems:( Yes, it's true, we should never postpone our medical appointments. Our health must be our priority. Anyway, I really enjoy your outfit:) I have a similar bodysuit, and it's so casual and comfy! Wish you the best:)
    xx Dasynka
    http://dasynka.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bodysuits for the win!

    And lol Tide Pods... right?!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the bodysuit! The whole look is perfect!!
    Sherry
    https://justlivejoy.com/five-outfit-of-the-day-recaps/

    ReplyDelete