Long Weekends are Beautiful

I couldn't be more thankful for having an extra day this weekend. I always say we really need 3 days in our weekends... 1 day to have fun, 1 day to get stuff done, and 1 day to relax. Because what usually ends up happening is I have fun and get stuff done, but I never have time to relax which is no bueno.

On Friday I gave a small taste of the Linkin Park concert on Thursday night which was amazing. Orlando was the first stop on their tour, so if you're hoping to see them check out their schedule as they may be coming to a city near you! Of Mice and Men open up the show, and Rise Against takes the stage before Linkin Park.

*Rise Against*


*Linkin Park*


Friday was bittersweet for me as it was the last day of my Disney annual pass. I say bittersweet because as amazing and as magical of a year as it's been visiting the parks whenever my heart desired, I'm exhausted! And even though the passes allow you into the parks without paying the outrageously overpriced entry fee, you still end up dropping a crap load of money each time on food, drinks, and gas to get down there. My wallet and my schedule are thanking me that the crazy year is over, but I will really miss heading to the house of mouse whenever I want.


I donned my sparkly Minnie ears one last time and capped off the year at Epcot with fast passes for Test Track for one last exhilarating ride before heading over to the aquarium to say hello to the manatees and beautiful fish. Then it was off to the World Showcase for one more limoncello in Italy and slushie in France (my favorites).

*The look of "Really? $9 for this tiny shot of limoncello?!"*


Saturday, I offered to cook dinner and bring it over for my fav new momma as I'm sure she's exhausted and doesn't have much time for home-cooked meals lately. I prepared my homemade baked mac and cheese and a salad to bring over to enjoy a movie night in their amazing home theater. Of course a Harry Potter marathon was on the agenda *always*. I can't believe how big their little man is already getting, and he's keeping his eyes open more and making the cutest baby coos.


Sunday was made for a nice breakfast on the patio and reading by the pool. Absolutely gorgeous and relaxing day...


Well... unless you're a Packers fan...my silly brother and cousin each sent me a pic of themselves in their game gear. Poor cheeseheads...


Joining Biana for Weekending
and
Lisa and Bella for Weekend Recap

15 comments:

  1. I think you guys used your annual passes to their fullest capacity and had a great time doing it!! Enjoy your day off today girl!! I agree - we all need three days to really be ready for the workweek!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great concerts, I like all 3 bands! Same mouse house is over. :( I really need to go one year, it's been since I was a kid. Looks like you had gorgeous weather, consider us freezing and jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooooooooooo jealous of your weather, I need the pool and sunshine, stat!!!

    Huge fan of Linkin park, so cool you got to see them. And I agree with B, y'all used the ish out of those passes so well done. Enjoy the down time :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that's sad your Disney passes are over now! I kinda want to get passes this year. I do SeaWorld and Busch Gardens every year but I want to change it up this year. Disney is definitely expensive even with the passes though. Maybe I'll do Universal this year. And totally jealous you're off today.. I wish I was! Although traffic was super light on the way in today! Happy Monday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you about three day weekends! I usually relax and have fun but don't end up getting enough done haha. I wish I was off today! Your weekend sounds great, reading and drinking by the pool looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been an Annual Passholder for WDW since I moved to Florida in 2002. I figure as long as I hit each park one time over the course of the year, when you count parking, the pass has paid for itself. I have about a 50 minute ride to WDW from where I live (including a toll road) and I probably go up once a month, except for during Flower & Garden Fest and Food & Wine Fest when I'm there just about every weekend. Suffice to say, I've always gotten my money's worth. I usually go up for a few hours, so more often than not, I'm not eating a full meal in the parks, just a bottle of water and some kind of treat. The other key, for me, is that it's cheaper to renew the pass than to buy it initially. I get the Annual Pass (no blackout dates, includes parking, but no water parks) and I save approximately $80/year by making sure I renew during my window and not allowing it to expire. My husband gets the Seasonal Pass, because he will never go up by himself (like I do) so my pass will cover our parking and he has zero interest in being there when the crowds are heaviest or during the summer. Anyway, for me, I can't imagine NOT having my pass, because I think I spend less money on entertaining myself during the year by having it. Funny how it plays out differently for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so sweet of you to do for your friend!! I can't believe you have no more Disney weekends! I think I told my husband every day this weekend that I wanted to move to Florida... sitting out by the pool year round is my DREAM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again, I love seeing how you live life to the fullest! I have had the same experience with annual passes to amusement parks and aquariums and museums. It's great to be able to go here and there and not feel like you have to spend an entire day to get your money's worth, but after a year I am pretty much over it.
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad your year of Disney is over! At least you're still super close and get over there if you're really craving it :) I like your three day weekend philosophy - I think the world needs to implement that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so wish I was off today.

    So you only get to go to Disney for a certain time period each year? How much do the annual passes cost?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so lucky to get the day off!! How did you like testrack?

    ReplyDelete
  12. love linkin park and rise against! what a fun concert that must have been. and i'm pouring a little out for the ending of the disney pass. i was sad to see it go but it's ok to have a break :) if we both ever get another we will have to go! have a great week girl xo

    cheshirekatblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I checked the Linking Park schedule and I didn't see any Texas dates. Hopefully they'll add more soon! Glad you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stop it with those Minnie ears. You look ADORABLE!! Yay for a great weekend. I, on the other hand, legit stayed in my pjs until an hour ago when I showered to get ready for work tomorrow lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A day by the pool with wine! yay you!

    ReplyDelete