Spring Catch Up

*Tap tap* Is this thing on? A LOT has been going on - grab a cup of coffee and let's catch up. Last time I showed up in this space I recapped our amazing Southern Caribbean Cruise and then posted my Cruising Tips. Since then, we have visited Universal 4 times (we're annual passholders), celebrated Easter, went car shopping, celebrated birthdays, had a beach day, upgraded Lil' Miss to a bunk bed and celebrated her spirit week at school. 






We kicked off April with the perfect day at Volcano Bay and Islands of Adventure. The weather was perfect for the water park and then we ventured over to Islands of Adventure for dinner and rollercoasters. Lil' Miss was ecstatic that she is finally tall enough to ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey inside Hogwarts Castle and Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure. 






After the evening show at Hogwarts Castle we did child swap for one last ride on Velocicoaster to finish the night. When it was my turn they were closing down, and I got to ride it by myself. The amazing part was being in the front row and riding it at night - the weird part was being by myself and looking around the empty park. It was kind of eerie yet super cool. There is something strange riding a rollercoaster without the energy of other people or hearing everyone scream. I could hear the empty seats rattling and it just wasn't the same. It was an amazing experience, but I would rather ride with other people if that makes sense. 




The day before Easter, we met up with friends for a beach day before coming home to dye Easter eggs.









The flagship Barnies Coffee and Tea location recently went through a renovation so we finally went to check it out and of course pick up some cold brew on tap - always delish! A stroll down Park Ave. in the sunshine makes it even better before relaxing over brunch. 








Someone also had their big wish come true of getting her bunk bed with a slide. She now has the perfect spot for friends and cousins to sleep over. I always joke with her that I always brought a sleeping bag and slept on the floor at sleepovers. 




Speaking of Lil' Miss she had a spirit week at school, and one night we celebrated at the roller rink. I hadn't been to one since I was a kid and they haven't changed a bit! After a wobbly start I got my bearings back, and it was fun seeing her on skates for the first time.






Insta vs. Reality - always have a cutie photo bomber! She was trying to pet a cat that went to hide under the deck. 


Dress {40% off} | Sneakers {40% off} | Camera Bag in Marine Blue




Another birthday party for our sweet girl to attend. She had fun jumping on the trampolines, riding the zip line, playing laser tag and of course having pizza and cake. Yum!




After the party, I needed a pick-me-up before we met up with friends at Universal for the evening to test out their express passes. Not waiting in lines? Don't mind if I do...







New passholder magnets were picked up in the passholder lounge - these are themed after Jurassic Park or as I would like to say my favorite rollercoaster (Velocicoaster). I still have the Mardi Gras themed magnet on my car and look forward to seeing what they release next.

Shop this Post



5 comments:

  1. You've been busy doing so many cool things! Your daughters room looks so cute!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all have been busy! I enjoyed catching up. And I love the bunk beds... the slide is just the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been obsessing over your dresses lately :) That cut-out dress is so stinkin' cuuuuute!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love following all your fun adventures in stories! Did I see you went car shopping? Did you get anything? I have been doing some of that myself lately...waiting on the right thing to come along.

    ReplyDelete