Just Cruising

....and just like that we're back! From the trip we had been looking forward to for so long that almost didn't happen. Woof. Two nights before we were leaving for the cruise Lil' Miss had a high fever, and was complaining of pain in her right side and abdomen to the point where she couldn't stand up. We freaked, and brought her to the emergency room where they ran every test and everything came up negative. Her pain subsided while we were there, and the doctor reassured us that it wasn't appendicitis. I was still a nervous wreck the next day, and kept her home from school. She was bouncing off the walls, the fever was gone and she said she wasn't in pain so we continued packing and getting ready to drive to Miami the next morning for the cruise.


We prefer sailing out of Port Canaveral since it's about an hour away, but we chose itinerary over cruise line, ship and departure port this time and we are so glad we did. Remember when I said I never wanted to sail with Carnival again? Well, time heals all wounds and we switched right before booking from an itinerary on Princess to an 8 night itinerary on Carnival out of Miami so we could stop in Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Aruba and Bonaire. WORTH it! Our favorite cruise yet, and we've been on some beautiful ships on Disney, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. I'll take an older Carnival ship any day when the itinerary is that fantastic. 






Cutout Midi Dress {available in 28 color combos} | Camera Bag in Marine Blue | Sandals


On our first morning, we were docked in Half Moon Cay, Bahamas. Before we got off the ship we surprised Lil' Miss with a trip to the on-board salon to get her first ever haircut. My original plan years ago was to get it in Magic Kingdom, but the hair places were closed for so long during the pandemic that those plans were foiled. I'm more excited that her first haircut was in the Bahamas than Disney World anyway. Ha!






Then it was time for some relaxation, and playing in the waves on a new-to-us island in the Bahamas. I loved the pirate ship bar, and Lil' Miss loved the splash pad area.


The view as we pulled away from Half Moon Cay






On our second morning, we were docked in Grand Turk. This is the stop we sailed away from back in 2015 due to wind which truly upset me, so I was thankful for the re-do. We explored the shops, and settled in at the Margaritaville pool for lunch before hitting the beach. There was another ship in port filled with college spring breakers (their cruise was only 5 nights which drew in more college kids while our ship had more families). I was wondering why all of a sudden I saw mostly thong bathing suits, and the swim up bar was jam packed before chatting with some of the kids from that ship. I officially feel old. 








For our 1st day at sea, I started out with a workout in the gym before hitting the pool. Some trips down the water slide were in order of course! 




The adults only area of the ship we enjoyed while Lil' Miss was at kids club


Crochet Coverup {SO comfy!} | Lounge Shorts {available in 8 colors} | Flip Flops




That night was our 1st cruise elegant evening, so I broke back out this dress I wore to my cousin's wedding in Cape Cod last fall. 




Morning coffee on the balcony as we arrived in Aruba. It was H and I's second time in Aruba (we cruised there in 2009 - again I feel old), but the first time for Lil' Miss. We booked a resort pass for the day at the Riu Palace, and enjoyed the all-inclusive benefits of their food, drinks, pools and beach area. Lil' Miss brought her beach buckets to play in the sand, we swam in the waves before making our way to the pools. 

That evening we ventured off the resort for dinner and some shopping before heading back to the ship. We were in port for 13 hours, so we got to really enjoy the island and watch the sunset before leaving at 9:30 p.m.


















The towel animal obsession was REAL for Lil' Miss. She lost her mind each day seeing what new animal would appear in the room. So when we saw a towel animal making class for later in the week, we saved it in the cruise planner.






Our last stop was in Bonaire which is close to Aruba and Curacao and completes the Dutch "ABC" islands off the coast of South America. The diving and snorkeling is supposed to be the best in the world (perhaps only behind the Great Barrier Reef) so we booked a snorkeling excursion for the afternoon which was incredible. The water was the most beautiful I've ever seen and has beaten out the title (in my head) from Bermuda and Fiji. 




We explored in town, did some souvenir shopping and had a drink before heading to our snorkeling excursion. 












The next two days were "at sea" days before arriving back in Miami to disembark. Another cruise elegant night was an excuse to break out the fancy clothes again.


Lace Midi Dress {available in 3 colors} | Sandals


Her Dress {available in 3 color patterns}






We enjoyed our last day at sea with all the food, a towel animal making class, mini golf, and H and I went to the gym and steam room while Lil' Miss went to kids club. That night, we had one last date night on the ship while she was at kids club (her favorite!) where we listened to live music, saw the comedian and enjoyed a martini. I even broke out the sequin shorts that I never wore for NYE after suffering from food poisoning. 
 
Why does vacation have to end?

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had an amazing trip! Your photos are beautiful! Love that they have a kids club that keeps them busy! Those animal towels are so fun!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that everything was okay before your trip - what a scary thing!! It looked absolutely amazing and I so remember when I would cruise with my parents and they would drop me off in the kids club LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought that LuLu's lace dress in the exact color for Maui! It's SO pretty on you! I miss cruising so much...literally one of the greatest ways to travel and see so many amazing places.

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not wait to get over here and read this post recap! I’m so glad you had a great time and I love all these pictures so much, all your outfits were spot on spectacular I especially love the sequin shorts girl! And that blue dress. Little Miss’s smiles say it all.

    ReplyDelete