Strawberries and Brunch

To say the last couple of weeks have been busy is an understatement, but at the same time they've been filled with lots of fun and celebrations. Just a few more days before the big guy makes his way down the chimney! 




I was asked to attend an event at Atwood Family Farm to kick off their strawberry picking season. We told Lil' Miss she'd be picking strawberries, and that there'd be a playground so she was excited. We were greeted with fresh strawberry lemonade and strawberry shortcake upon arrival, and then the fun began. 














I was surprised to bump into Alyssa (Bates) Webster, and her family. She's one of the 19 kids from the show Bringing Up Bates, but lives here in Central Florida. She was super sweet, and we chatted for a bit before taking a picture. I knew my mom would be excited to see that I met her, as she's the one who got me into watching their show. 




Then it was time to explore the sunflower fields and pick our own strawberries. It was a beautiful sunny day, and abnormally warm for this time of year so Lil' Miss donned rosy cheeks and even got a little sweaty after all the running around. 





Then on Sunday it was time to celebrate Emily's birthday with the girls. I still miss her here in blog-land, and hope she'll make an appearance again soon. We enjoyed the new brunch menu at Chroma where the cocktails are almost too pretty to drink, and the french toast comes out piping hot and ready to slice open where strawberry cream and fresh strawberries fall out. YUM!











I re-styled this floral top for the girls brunch with a skirt and peep toe ankle booties after wearing it for date night with boyfriend jeans and my favorite statement heels. Always shopping my closet! 







Shop this Post



10 comments:

  1. Your day at the strawberry farm sounds like fun! Your girls brunch sounds awesome too! Mery Christmas!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that y'all can just pick strawberries any time you want, year-round! That doesn't happen here! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun outing with strawberries and sunflowers! And a mini celeb run in! Miss Emily too! I am so glad I got to meet her in person a few years ago. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strawberries are my absolute favorite fruit. I want to go berry picking. And happy birthday to Emily! Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I love this!! And that food looks DELICIOUS!!

    Lots of love,
    Krissi of the marquise diamond
    https://www.themarquisediamond.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her little face says it all! Looks like the most fun day. Wishing you guys a very Merry Christmas! xo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun you can still pick strawberries! Sounds like the perfect little outing. Happy Birthday to Emily! Love that I still get to see her sometimes in your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that strawberry picking sounds perfect! And you looked so cute at brunch! Happy holidays friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for strawberry picking! So fun! And happy birthday to Emily!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never been to a strawberry picking but this looks so much fun! Your daughter looks happy. I love that you shop your closet. You styled that top so beautifully!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete