My Favorite Versatile Piece

The last few weeks have been pretty rough for me emotionally - I'm ok I promise! So I took a very refreshing break from Instagram last week (personally, because I still need to be plugged in professionally for my job), and it was just what I needed. I will definitely be taking more breaks more often, especially when I'm feeling disheartened. Good for the soul.

Tank Top {only $19} | Paperbag Waist PantsHeels {55% off} | Necklace {similar} | Pearl Barrette | Sunnies | Lipstick


I'm all about re-purposing pieces while shopping my closet, and can't get enough of this tank. I originally styled it here for drinks on the patio, and have also been wearing it around the house with pajama shorts (because who self quarantines in jeans or a bra?!) because it's THAT comfy. I love that I can rock it with a cute pair of shorts or pants outside of the house or for simply relaxing at home.


And I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of our new patio loungers. I was excited to save an extra 5% with our Target debit card, and want to say good bye to the old loungers we never got cushions for and are rusting their way out the front door for curbside pickup. There is someone who usually patrols our local neighborhoods on garbage night, and I've been happy to see that almost every item we've left outside over the years has been picked up before the garbage truck comes through the next morning. I like knowing that a lot of our items end up being re-purposed. 



Shop this Post



22 comments:

  1. So glad you're feeling refreshed!! I think taking a break is always a good idea! That's a great tank - I have a similar one from Target! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely good to take a break every now and then for sure! Love the outfit! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that tank... I've been looking for one similar in style, but white. I'm glad you were able to take a break and relax a bit... these last few months have been crazy for sure, and it's so important to listen to your mind and body and do what's best for yourself. I'm glad you're feeling refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes taking a break is the very best thing we can do! So glad you feel refreshed now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love re-purposing! We have those people too.

    Love the tank, it looks super comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those trousers are it! I love the pairing with the brown shoes.
    I hardly see people wearing browns shoes that are not wedges, so it's refreshing to see, especially picture by a pool.
    Also, you're re-purposing clothes! I love that.
    xxxx
    Wishing you a great week ahead!

    https://ooomaye.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I am all about repurposing and this tank looks great with these trousers and oh yes you must show us your patio loungers and ugh yes IG. I have been taking more breaks too, to be honest I am kind of over it.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute tank!! I love shopping my closet and this piece is definitely a winner for summer. I'm all about taking breaks from social media/blogging, especially now, and I hope you enjoyed your time off!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taking a break is good for the soul! Glad you are feeling refreshed! That is such a great tank and those pants are super cute!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. Breaks are so good for you! I have been stepping back from Insta during the pandemic- only really sharing/logging on when I WANT to, not because I HAVE to. It's been refreshing!

    I love this tank- and it totally works styled as part of a business-chic outfit!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're feeling a little better. I've been spending less time on social too and it's been SO good for me. Also not watching the news as much either...I needed that break too :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful outfit. I like trousers, shades are so beautiful.

    New Post - https://www.bibliothequeduparfums.com/2020/07/carner-barcelona-tardes.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you are feeling better after some time away! It's so good to take a break and give yourself grace! You look adorable btw--love these pants!

    Rosy Outlook 

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have several of those tanks! And I am always wanting to try that paperbag style pants. Love this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pants are such a great summer piece - I love the print!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!


    Amber


    Visit AvecAmber.com
    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fun tartan pants! They look so good with the grey tank! :)

    Hope that your week is going well and the break from social media was what you needed :) It's a cold and wintery one here!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look gorgeous with that grey tank hun!

    xoxo
    Lovely

    http://mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am loving those plaid pants! And I totally get the IG break. I foresee one coming soon. I’ve spent a lot of time the last couple of weeks building mine and am getting a tad burnt out! Any tips you have on whether to accept collab opps or not would be wonderful. I know you learned about one not to long ago that you regretted working with. Hope your weekend is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a huge fan of paperbag pants and yours is really beautiful, love the color !!
    great outfit, very feminine and summery !!
    Sonia
    www.soniaaicha.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful outfit. I like it so much.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/07/elizabeth-arden-sparkle-on-holiday.html

    ReplyDelete