Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

One of my favorite fall desserts are my pumpkin spice cupcakes that I make from scratch. Perfect for Halloween parties and Thanksgiving potlucks.


The Cake

Cream 1 and 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter until smooth in a large bowl
Add 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar and mix until smooth
Add 3 eggs one at a time and set aside

Combine 1 cup of pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup of buttermilk, and 1 tsp. of vanilla in a medium bowl and set aside

Combine 2 cups of all purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 and 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon, and 1 tsp. of baking soda in a large bowl.

In thirds, alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture to the butter mixture blending well until smooth.

To make a cake pour batter into three 8 inch pans and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees
To make cupcakes, pour batter into cupcake liners in a muffin pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes 

After the cakes have cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting

The Frosting

Beat one 8 oz. package of cream cheese and 1/2 cup of butter (both softened) until fluffy.
Gradually add about 8-10 oz. of powdered sugar beating at low speed until blended.
Add 1 tsp. of vanilla beating until well blended









Store any leftovers in the fridge as the frosting contains cream cheese.

**********************************************

Link-up Rules:

1. Follow Emily and myself on GFC and Bloglovin
2. Link up your favorite recipes or food related posts
3. Grab our Recipe Swap button and link back to both of our blogs
4. Be sure to visit other blogs and find new recipes! 



12 comments:

  1. Perfect for the holidays. My Dad would love this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bad... I've never made cupcakes from scratch. LOL! These sound so good and not too difficult to make! Love how you decorate them too!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate these are so darn cute!! I'm with Pamela and I've never made them from scratch but I think I just need to ask for a KitchenAid mixer and make sure I get my baking on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious! Perfect for the last three months of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum yum yum! Give me all the pumpkin, all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes please. Just yes. These sound so amazing! Can you send me some? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last night, my husband tried to convince me that pumpkins were for Halloween (as he tried to take down one of my pumpkin decorations). NO WAY!!! These sound awesome for Thanksgiving and I know my dad would LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These would be so great for Thanksgiving, my in-laws would eat them up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, YUM! We are having a potluck this week for Thanksgiving, and I think I now know what I am bringing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummo!!! I made something similar a couple weeks ago but I added cinnamon to the frosting as well as vanilla. Took it to a whole new level. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy in my Tummy! I can't wait to try these outs! Thanks for sharing!!
    Megan Star | Beauty Brawler

    ReplyDelete