This Girl

I've been seeing these posts floating around the blogiverse, and I've enjoyed getting to know you all more by reading them.... now I guess it's my turn to join the fun.

Name/Age/Location

~ I'm Kate, and I just turned 31 (30 was an exciting celebration, but 31 was yipes!) and I absolutely love calling sunny Florida my home. I grew up in Connecticut, and as much as I miss some people up there dearly, you couldn't pay me enough money to ever move back. Florida is most definitely my home now and I love living outdoors year round and there's just so much to do.



Family

~ No kids, but I do have a big adorable furbaby Roxy.... she's a snorting, oinking, stinky English Bulldog and she has stolen my heart!





Work

~ For the first time ever, I am at a job that I love and I couldn't be more thankful. I have a great boss, amazing co-workers, and love the opportunities in front of me.


Hobbies

~ My absolute favorite hobby is traveling... I've been all over the Caribbean, Fiji, and western Europe, and my favorite place I've visited is Punta Cana.... so gorgeous can't wait to go back! You can keep up with my travels on my travel tab










I also have a slight shopping addiction with Sephora, Target, and designer accessories....




I'm one of "those girls" that loves sports and am a HUGE Yankees fan and come football season I'm rooting for the Georgia Bulldogs (Go Dawgs!) and the New Orleans Saints (Who Dat!). Nothing like the energy inside Yankee Stadium or the fun of tailgating a big football game.




Favorite Foods

I can never get enough Italian food... pasta, garlic bread soaked in olive oil, antipaste, caprese salad... I love it all! I could also eat breakfast food all day every day and can never turn down a good margarita and Mexican food.




Favorite Color

~ I'm a sucker for anything pretty and sparkly, but my favorite colors are bright and cheery. Currently I've been obsessed with mint and coral tones. I also love the combination of lavender and champagne shades... so pretty!


Standard Coffee Order

~ I miss my toasted almond coffee from Dunkin with skim milk, but I've recently switched to tea during the week. I still enjoy some flavored coffee on the weekends, but am trying to stick to tea... green or chai.




Standard Bar Order

~ Depends on my mood and the occasion. If it's happy hour, I'm usually drinking a cheap light beer... if I'm out for dinner and drinks I'm probably sipping on a flavored vodka and club soda or a skinny margarita. I can also never say no to a glass of champagne... champs is always a good idea!



Places I Shop

~ Target is my happy place! I also love Express, F21, Sephora, Crate & Barrel, Victoria's Secret, Nordstrom, and frequent the Kate Spade and Tory Burch outlet shops.









Beauty product I can't live without

~ My Urban Decay Primer Potion... keeps my eyeliner and eyeshadow in place all day and even into the evening for happy hour.




First Blog Reads

~ One of the first blogs I ever read and still love to this day was Alison from PinkLouLou... she's fabulously funny and can create the best poof in the south!

How I started blogging

~ I originally started with the intent of being a Fashion & Beauty blog, but then reality set in and I realized I couldn't afford to buy several new outfits and accessories every week and I started writing for me and all of my interests not just fashion. On this blog you'll find a mixture of fashion, beauty reviews, travel reviews, recipes, home decor, and my weekend shenanigans which are typically shenanigans. I really love this little space of mine and look forward to continuing to grow, and I can't say enough amazing things about the blog community... so many wonderful "bloggy friends".

Now it's your turn... I want to hear all about you!

11 comments:

  1. Love these posts!! Target is definitely my happy place! I love PC and need to go back asap!! You're so fun and I am so jealous you live in FL, minus the Yankee-loving part ;) We live in a Red Sox house lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Champs is always a good idea! So glad you are loving your new job!! That is truly one of the best feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I definitely agree that champs is always a good idea! :) So is Mexican food... yum! I love to travel too, I just need to do it more! Haha! And so glad you're loving your job!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so much fun!! I have the same shopping addictions - designer accessories :) I wish we had a target in the city - but this is changing next year as one is opening near Fenway!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! So fun learning about you! I agree - champagne is always a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun post and so many things I love as well like traveling etc...2 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha you're "why I started blogging" sounds like me! Started as a beauty blog, I was spending way too much money haha, quickly became a Lifestyle & Beauty blog ;) Enjoyed getting to know a little more about the girl behind the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roxy is adorable. Margarita's and Mexican food is the best! Target is like a black hole of awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, we are like the same person: the Yankees, the Italian food, Mexican food, Target, and cheap beer is my specialty ;) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could seriously live in target. They have everything. Love that you did a questionnaire style post, such a great idea! Love your blog, perhaps you will love mine as well!

    Best,
    CD

    I Can’t Afford My Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Roxy.

    Urban Decay Eye Primer is one of the best things ever.

    ReplyDelete