Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

After a nice work out, I love to refuel with a protein filled snack, so when I came across this smoothie recipe I knew it'd be the perfect pick me up after a Saturday afternoon bike ride or a quick breakfast on a busy weekday morning.


Ingredients

2 cups of ice
1-2 bananas, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup of skim milk
1/4 cup of non-fat greek yogurt *Uncle Jesse's Oikos is my favorite - it's the only non-fat greek yogurt without stevia or sucralose in it*
1 tsp. of vanilla
1 tbsp. of peanut butter

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth
Refrigerate any leftovers





**********************************************

Link-up Rules:

1. Follow Emily and myself on GFC and Bloglovin
2. Link up your favorite recipes or food related posts
3. Grab our Recipe Swap button and link back to both of our blogs
4. Be sure to visit other blogs and find new recipes! 


18 comments:

  1. I love it when some of my favorite things come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yum! i make mine with a scoop of cocoa and protein powder too :)

    cheshirekatblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! This would be really great to start the day too!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks so good! I will definitely be trying this! I love peanut butter and i love bananas! One of my favorite meals is a peanut butter banana sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my most FAVORITE smoothie combination! I could have one everyday - it kind of tastes like dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMMM this sounds like such a treat- but good for you! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love me a good smoothie and peanut butter is sooooo filling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! I love the addition of greek yogurt, I bet that makes it so creamy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always looking for smoothie recipes! This one looks delicious. Banana and PB go together SO well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our favorite kind of smoothie, soooo good. I love anything with peanut butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love peanut butter and bananas. I have all these ingredients in my house already. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love peanut butter and banana together. I actually have a shake similar to this today but it's with protein powder. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. pb and wanna is a killer combo! hope your cruise is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've thought about doing this smoothie! It looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to use plain Chobani or Fage with no added crap in it.

    Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I make a similar one with Chobani and instead of regular peanut butter I used PB2 Chocolate and no vanilla :) I love peanut butter smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a good smoothie but i really don't love banana. Ill share this with my mama though. She will gobble this up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is my favorite kind of smoothie! Such a great flavor combination!

    ReplyDelete