Charleston, SC by Jenn

Hey Friends of Kate!




My name is Jenn & I'm the voice behind the Party of One.

You can find me over there {almost} everyday rambling about SOMETHING...it's your guess as good as mine as to what I'll be talking about that day!

I'm so, so, SO excited to be guest posting for Kate this week while she's on vacation! Not gonna lie...I'm a little jealous of her and her vacay BUT I'm glad that I get to spend today with all of y'all!

When Kate asked me to guest post about my favorite vacation spots...I instantly knew where I was going to post about!

It's nowhere exotic, tropical or far away (at least not from me) but it's one of my most favorite places that I've ever been.

Lovely, southern & peaceful...Charleston, South Carolina!





Sadly, I haven't been able to make it to Charleston in several years but as soon as I get a chance- I'm getting to that city right away!



This fun little city has SO MUCH TO DO and you should try to do it all!


I figured I'd share with y'all some of my favorite places to see, shop, eat & drink while you're in town!



1) Accommodations 


I'd HIGHLY recommend staying in a one of the 'historic' inns in the city. You'll be steps to downtown & it's always a fun {if not completely entertaining} experience!







The first place I ever stayed in Charleston. Good Lord, it was an experience but a fun experience.


(I'll never drink Sherry again after the Sherry in the lobby at this place, btw. Long story but I was 20...eager to get my hands on any alcohol I could and it was just not pretty!)








Kings Courtyard Inn photograph.




2) You MUST go shopping on King Street! 

There is SO MUCH shopping to be done here! So many stores from big name chains to specialty boutiques...you'll find everything you want on King Street.


Shopping Upper King



From high end boutiques to affordable shops, you'll certainly find something in your price range on this street!




Shopping on King Street.


I can't even believe that this picture was almost 5 years ago! Seesh.



3) Indulge in AMAZING food & drink!


Seafood, Soul Food, Barbecue...No matter what kind of food you're looking for- you'll find it in Charleston!


My personal favorites?! Oh, of course!




Bourbon pecan pie cupcakeSalted caramel chocolate cupcakePeaches & cream cupcake



AMAZING cupcakes at Cupcake!





Oysters to die for at Pearlz! They have some pretty amazing cocktails, too!








Hominy Grill for the BEST brunch, shrimp & grits and more!

SO MANY MORE places that I could suggest you go to for meals. Seriously, Charleston has THE BEST eats. Don't worry though, you'll walk it all off shopping on King Street!


4) Visit the City Market

If you're in town on a Saturday- you must stop by the City Market! So much goodness here.









Y'all, I've only touched on a teeny tiny bit of all the AMAZING things to do in Charleston!


For more resources (and a far better tour guide!) I highly recommend checking out these sites for direction!


City Market Guide 



Southern Living: Charleston



King District 



Charleston Visitors Bureau



TripAdvisor- Charleston Tourism



Enjoy! I hope you get to make your way to Charleston someday!



I hope you'll make your way to my blog someday soon, too!


Cheers!






1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to go to Charleston, but I have never been....looks like I might want to start planning one.

    ReplyDelete