Lauren Conrad's "Beauty" Book Review

You all know how much I love Lauren Conrad, so it's no surprise that I loved her latest book "Beauty". It was similar to her book "Style" except this book focused on hair, makeup, nails, fitness & food, and skincare.



I loved how she brought her own personal experiences into the book including beauty flops she called "Lesson Learned" like bad haircuts or extreme diets leading up to a big photo shoot and then getting very ill after over-indulging once the shoot was over with.

My favorite parts of the book:

~ Everyday hair 

I've always wanted to achieve such effortless looking waves for my everyday hair, but I'm a total dunce with a curling iron. So, I recently bought hot rollers, and hope to post a review soon. But... for those of you who aren't as clumsy as I am with a curling iron and can actually achieve nice curls without that clamp mark in your hair (like me!) this is a great tutorial in Lauren's book. 

~ Party hair

Love this loose ponytail, it's such a great alternative to my "going to the gym" ponytail and is even party-worthy... gorgeous!

~ Fitness

Her fitness chapter felt very real to me. She doesn't claim to have a perfect body (although I beg to differ!) or to not have any selfconciousness regarding it. She talked about how she stays in shape and how she sets realistic expectations for herself and tries to keep a routine and stick with it. She also reminds us that it's ok to skip a workout every now and then. Sometimes life gets in the way or friends come to town, and it's ok! 


~ Everyday Makeup

She does a great job of breaking down her everyday makeup and nighttime/party makeup. What looks to strive for and which to stay away from. Her everyday look is similar to mine, which is wearing enough makeup to cover up dark circles/imperfections, but still looking like yourself so I loved seeing her routine step by step.


~ Tools

She listed out which tools for makeup and hair you should have as a part of your collection, which ones to splurge on and which ones you can just pick up at Target or the drugstore. I was pleasantly surprised that I already have a lot of her "must-haves" but there are definitely some items listed that are missing from my collection that I'll have to pick up. 

This is definitely a great book for all us ladies and is an easy read. It's a great referral source if you're ever looking for advice on how to do your hair or makeup whether it be for the office or for a night out on the town. I found it to be even better than her "Style" book which I also enjoyed.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like something I wanna read! She's so beautiful, I need all of her tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering about this book! Might need to pick it up!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just love me some LC. she is so natural to me. awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so glad you did this! I've had Style in my Amazon cart for over a week and now I"m going to bite the bullet and get both. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book. I have it as well and it's just so - normal, but prettier. : ] Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been super interested in this book bc i love her beauty dept site. my library doesn't have it so i wasn't sure if it was worth buying or not.

    ReplyDelete