Rainy Weekend

The sunshine state hasn't been very sunny lately.. and that's an understatement. Unfortunately, it looks like the next several days are going to be the same, but thankfully it should be sunny again by the weekend.


The only good thing coming out of all this rain, is the excuse to finally whip out my Hunters which I wore out for dinner with my fav neighbor-friends on Friday night.



Finally tried out a local German restaurant which was a fun little spot with live music and delicious food and German beers. Thankfully, I wasn't talked into trying out das boot as I'm sure I would have spilled it everywhere trying to choke it down. 




Originally, all I had planned for my rainy Saturday was running errands and snuggling up to watch college football, but at the last minute we were given free passes to the Oktoberfest downtown. Admission included unlimited beer and food samples so even in the relentless rain we ventured out to try out some great samples. So many pumpkin and blueberry flavors, and there was even a tent serving root beer floats made of chocolate flavored beer and coffee or vanilla ice cream which was absolutely delish! I nicknamed the event from beer fest to mud fest because after all the rain over the past week and during the event, the field was a mud pit. Everyone was soaked and/or covered in mud and there were even a lot of people who had given up on their sandals and were walking barefoot through the mud... it was that bad! But I honestly feel that it made it more fun.



I also picked up some wall art at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and scored some great deals. I wanted to get something to hang up in the home office, and got what I feel was an amazing deal! The piece was originally $59.99 then marked down to $19.99 on clearance with an additional 33% off. I then used a 20% off coupon (never ever go to BBB without a 20% coupon!) and only paid $10 for it. I also picked up a beachy piece to go above the soaking tub in the master bath and used another 20% off coupon. Great savings!


Joining Leeann and Kimberlee for Monday Morning Gossip 
and
Biana for Weekending
and
Lisa and Bella for Weekend Recap

18 comments:

  1. Umm for real, I am SO sick of this rain! If we don't get some sun this weekend I might cry. I totally didn't even know there was a downtown Oktoberfest this weekend but it looks like so much fun! Oh and I LOVE Willow Tree... SO yummy! Love those Hunters too... I think I need a pair.

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food looks so good. I also really like the octopus wall art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of your Hunter boots - so pretty!! Sounds like a really fun weekend and Oktoberfest sounds like a blast!! I love the deal you got on your wall art - that's amazing!!! Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this looks like a blast. You were so lucky to get those tickets for free. I love trying new beers/foods. I like your new wall art. Even the rain couldn't stop you two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to try out Hollerbach's. Heard great things about the food. What did you get? We need to do another bar hopping trip in that area as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you got to bust out your boots, super cute. That pretzel is huge!! Great deals on the wall art, the octopus is my favorite one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i saw a pair of hunters at winners for a great price; but my calves won't fit in them wah! hope you get some sunshine soon!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  8. BBB coupons are the best! Love that they never expire. We have Octoberfest here this weekend and I can't wait to check it out! It's supposed to rain, too but fingers crossed it holds off! Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. gotta use those 20% off coupons at BBB!! and love those boots...I wish I had a reason to buy them! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to an Oktoberfest! Seems so fun. And love your sweet boots~ I would be out anytime it rained if I had some cool boots like that ^^

    Gina
    Pink Wings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need Hunter boots in my life ASAP! Cute,cute,cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If it's going to rain, at least you can still look cute - love the color of your boots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I miss the rain!! As much as I love summer, and the heat, and getting to wear shorts/be barefoot all the time; I miss the rain - the sound, the smell, the wardrobe, the cuddles! Haha, gotta love the cuddles.

    Oh, and OMG I LOVE THOSE PICTURES IN YOUR BATHROOM - I may or may not be stalking Bed Bath and Beyond trying to find them for myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, give me the scoop on the Hunters. I've been thinking about getting some but they are a little pricey for only being able to wear them when it rains. But.. they're just so darn cute. Are they comfortable/a good purchase??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great deals!

    I love Hunters but just can't bring myself to spend the cash.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That restaurant looks fun! That pretzel is giant hehe Great finds at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Bummer about the rain but at least you were stylish.

    Thanks for linking up with MMG :)

    ReplyDelete