Fall Bucket List Recap

I can't believe we're already entering the holiday season, but I'm very proud of myself for accomplishing more on my fall bucket list than my summer bucket list.

1. Pick my own pumpkin

We picked pumpkins when we went to the corn maze and I even drove a tractor





2. Decorate for fall not just Halloween

Finally picked up some cute fall decor and I've only continued adding to it the past few months. Most of the fall decor has been put away because I'm married to a child who wanted to decorate for Christmas as soon as Halloween was over. I was able to hold him off until this past weekend and then Christmas exploded in our house. I told him as long as the dining room is still decorated for fall and Thanksgiving through this Thursday then by all means go ahead :-P


3. Lots of nights by the fire pit

We've started lighting the fire pit, but not as much as I would have liked. I'm hoping we'll get a lot more use out of it through the holiday season.



4. Get lost in a corn maze

We went with our neighbors in mid-October and it was so much fun. They even had a slide that dumped you into the corn maze area.



5. Carve a pumpkin

We carved a silly face this year :)



6. Go to a football game

We didn't make it to any NFL games this year, but we got last minute tickets to the UGA vs UF game which is apparently the world's biggest cocktail party/tailgate. SO.MUCH.FUN! Go Dawgs!






7. Haunted hayride

Sadly, we didn't get to go on a haunted hayride like last year, but we did go to a haunted house with friends the weekend before Halloween.




8. Make a pumpkin cheesecake and/or pumpkin spice cupcakes and try to make apple butter for the first time

I made pumpkin spice cupcakes for a pre-Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving feast 


....and I tried out apple butter for the first time :)




9. Wine tasting

Ugh... big fat fail and it's one of my favorite things to do in the fall! Booo!


10. Indulge in s'mores and apple cider donuts

Does a s'mores milkshake count? But I did make some baked apple cider donuts since I couldn't find any around these parts.



11. Watch It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

Of course I watched this as the trick-or-treaters ringing the doorbell started winding down on Halloween



Now it's time to have a holiday season bucket list... so much I want to do... so little time!

2 comments:

  1. You did almost everything on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these, especially the silly faces on the pumpkins!

    xo Mel
    turquoise blonde

    ReplyDelete