Weekend Randomness

I haven't had the best past couple of days.. nothing major, but just annoyances and let downs. As I mentioned in my last post, we went to Home Depot and picked up the paint and supplies to paint the kitchen. We chose Behr's Berry Cobbler to go with the theme we already had going in the kitchen. Neither of us had ever really painted before, but how hard could it be?  Let's just say it was a complete and utter disaster :0(

We woke up early and I made us omelets with mushrooms, tomatoes, and fat free cheese and bacon. Yum!




Then... we started painting...




 Let's just say it didn't come out well... at all. We had issues with the lines not blending in from the paint roller even though we made the "W" and followed directions.


I took a picture of the "W" since it made me think of the "W" on Ron Weasley's annual Christmas sweaters


Oh.. and we got paint everywhere! We used painters tape, but it still dripped places it shouldn't.. got on the ceiling.. the cabinets.. you name it.. so we're NOT happy! We're going to have to pay someone to come in and fix it. We were planning on painting our master bedroom next.. not anymore! We've realized we're going to need to pay someone to paint going forward. Oy!

This is what it looks like right now.. it's tough to see the lines or the random paint splotches on the ceiling. The OCD inside me is having a REALLY rough time with this! :-P


Anyone have any DIY home projects that totally bombed? 

Then.. last night we got home and the cable and internet were both out since they're building on some of the lots near our house and the guys clearing the lots bulldozed into our cable box outside. Just in time for my Monday night guilty pleasure tv! It seems like other than Pan Am all my shows are on the same night! So not only could I not watch them, but the DVR couldn't pick any of them up either. So no Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, Alcatraz, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and How I Met Your Mother. Not a happy camper! 


2 comments:

  1. That breakfast looks delicious..yum!!
    The paint looks great...I hope you're able to fix it up to your liking - but I really do think it looks great. Love the color :)
    You're not a Bachelor fan?? Ahh...crazy episode you missed!

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm so sorry about the paint! :( I've painted before, but it's always been with someone who knew what they were doing, or it was in my college room so it wasn't important for it to look nice. lol

    Hopefully you get the cable fixed soon!! I would be so sad.

    ReplyDelete