Magic Kingdom is the most recognized and visited park, but there are a lot of things you should know before you go.
1. This is definitely the most crowded park. You will be dodging people left and right, and if there's a parade going on in the area you're in good luck trying to move through it.
2. Always always always reserve fast passes ahead of time before arriving at the park. You don't want to wait 2-3 hours for the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or the always popular Space Mountain. Fast passes are always free and available up to 30 days in advance.
3. There is no alcohol served in this park unless you are dining at the Be Our Guest Restaurant in Beast's castle in the new Fantasy Land.
4. Try to avoid sitting in the caboose car on Space Mountain. You don't want to be in the absolute back seat as you'll get jerked around a lot as the train pulls you up and down. The sore neck and back afterwards is not worth it.
5. If it's really hot while you're there, opt for rides where you can escape into the air conditioning such as Space Mountain, The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Hall of Presidents, Peter Pan's Flight, It's a Small World, the Carousel of Progress, and parts of the People Mover. Even the queue line for Dumbo the Flying Elephant is inside and kept cool.
*My favorite drink at the park is the African Margarita available at the Dawa Bar*
Expedition Everest is a must-do
I also love all the hiking trails around The Tree of Life where you can see several different kinds of animals along the way. Dino Land is also pretty cool, and Dinosaur is another must-do attraction along with Kali River Rapids before hitting up The Lion King Show and It's Tough to be a Bug.
I wasn't a big fan of Hollywood Studios at first as it felt like a smaller version of Universal Studios. But once I rode Aerosmith's Rock n' Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror I was hooked. Plus they have the most incredible light display around Christmas called The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights which is a must-see if you're there around the holidays.
You can also catch the Indiana Jones show and bring out the kid in you by playing on the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play set.
Definitely hit up this park the most between the Flower and Garden Festival in the spring and the Food and Wine Festival in the fall and all the different concerts. We got to see Starship, Fuel, 38 Special, Night Ranger, and my favorite... Boyz II Men.
*One of my favorite rides*
Koi pond in "Japan"
*Drinks around the world is a great way to celebrate a friend's b-day*
Boyz II Men
*Tequila shots in "Mexico"*
On our way to see Fuel perform
Illuminations Fireworks show (happens every night)
What happens in "Mexico" stays in "Mexico"
What are your favorite things to do in Disney World?