Recipe Swap Tuesday ~ Chicken Sausage Pasta

I've been trying to cook with less red meat, and have switched to ground turkey and chicken sausage for the most part. Just simply switching out Italian sausage for chicken sausage will significantly cut out calories and fat from your meal.
Chicken Sausage Pasta

Chicken Sausage Pasta by greenfashionistablog 



Ingredients

Olive Oil
1 package of chicken sausage
1 box of pasta
Container of cherry tomatoes
1 can of chicken broth
Onion and garlic to taste, diced
1 tsp. of dried basil
10 oz. of spinach
Shredded parm cheese

Directions

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.

In a large pan or skillet heat olive oil and chicken sausage. Cook through until the meat is no longer pink. 

Add diced onion and garlic to pan.

Add a can of chicken broth, 1 tsp. dried basil, and cherry tomatoes.

Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, then slightly reduce heat.


Add 10 oz. spinach cover and let simmer until spinach is tender (I skipped this step since H doesn't like spinach)

Add pasta to pan and mix together. Sprinkle with shredded parm cheese and serve. 


Very yummy and good for you! 




**********************************************

Link-up Rules:

1. Follow Emily and myself on GFC and Bloglovin
2. Link up your favorite recipes or food related posts
3. Grab our Recipe Swap button and link back to both of our blogs
4. Be sure to visit other blogs and find new recipes!


Martinis & Bikinis

12 comments:

  1. I actually prefer chicken sausage and turkey sausage to italian sausage.

    This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making chicken sausage stir fry so I'll definitely try it with pasta!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make something similar, it is my absolute FAVE! I'm a big chicken sausage fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good! I like ground turkey but I've yet to try chicken sausage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chicken sausage. My store has an apple chicken sausage that is so good. Such a healthier option!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds yummy!! What a great healthier version!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cooking with chicken sausage is a good idea! I've never actually tried it but looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh yum!! I hadn't thought about using chicken sausage- gonna have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok this looks good! I will need to pin this and thank you for adding to my weakness of pasta. Linking up from That's Fresh Friday

    ReplyDelete