Champs is always a good idea

Happy 2014! My date with the couch and fried food combined with exhaustion yesterday means I rang in 2014 with great friends and couldn't be more thankful.

I tend to be "that annoying girl" with those little horns 0:-)




Our neighbors threw an amazing NYE party, and they blow everyone away every year with how much they go ALL OUT! I'm talking a fully stocked bar complete with 2 bartenders, a DJ spinning good music (none of the crap that's currently overplayed on the radio), catered food, masquerade masks for all, a photographer, a chocolate fountain, etc... and the best part is not worrying about being out on the roads on one of the biggest drinking days of the year. Perfection.



I re-wore my sparkly dress from Kohls that I wore to H's work Christmas party last year at Harry Potter World along with my new earrings I got from H for Christmas. I paired it with my fresh at-home mani with Essie's Forever Yummy topped with Sephora by OPI's Flurry Up on the accent nails.


They even glitter bombed the champagne bottles and some of the champagne flutes... yes please!

Hope everyone had a safe and healthy NYE..... alright now 2014 show me what you're working with and I sure hope it's filled with less sadness than 2013 but just as many entertaining moments.

I'm not much for New Year's resolutions, however I plan on simplifying my blog a little more this year. I tend to photo dump a lot and want to keep things sweeter and simpler around these parts. This will provide better content (in my opinion -- please let me know if you disagree) and it'll help me to live more in the moment instead of taking a million pictures. Live in the moment people and enjoy it!



12 comments:

  1. Champagne is always a good idea. Looks like a great start to 2014! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great NYE party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your dress! So cute! I would have never guessed Kohls!
    thanks for linking up !
    xo Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress! <3333

    And I so agree with your living in the moment challenge. I tend to take waaaay too many pictures too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. champs is always a good choice...til the next morning! hahaha

    LOVE the dress and it looks like a great NYE party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dress! It's so cute. And you really can never go wrong with champs...I mean it's pretty with all the bubbles and even when it's cheap the word champagne just sounds fancy and expensive lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I love your dress! I can hardly believe it's from Kohls! Also love that your neighbors throw an awesome NYE party.. so nice to not have to worry about driving! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your dress of course! Looks like y'all had a great time- but I wouldn't expect anything less ;) Happy New Year Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, how awesome are your neighbors?! Sounds like it was a fabulous time!

    I think I've been living too much in the moment since I've been slacking on the pictures. lol But I know what you mean about overloading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I def want to go to a fun party like that, it sounds awesome! Plus you look hot in that dress!!! I hope 2014 is a much better year, too much sadness in 2013, I want good vibes all year!

    ReplyDelete