October Favs

Hello November, I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! Even though 2020 is still 2020'ing, I loved seeing everyone make the best of the fun costume and candy filled holiday. I'm still so happy that we took Lil' Miss to SeaWorld for their Halloween Spooktacular a few weeks ago, so she could go trick-or-treating as there wasn't much action in our neighborhood on Halloween night. We joined "framily" for some Halloween treats and donned costumes, where I broke out an oldie but a goodie costume that I bought in college and never wore. I even lent it to my best friend one year, and she never wore it either. I pulled it out of it's packaging, and finally took it for a spin. Fishnet stockings and all! 










*Princess Jasmine and her Maid*



*Princess Jasmine and the Dark Knight*




The month of October brought more uncertainty and tough times for a lot of people, but there was still a lot of good. My sweet girl celebrated her 4th birthday, and was a total trooper understanding why she didn't have a party this year. We had our 1st day date since March, and two trips to SeaWorld - 1 for trick-or-treating with Lil' Miss and 1 for just the adults to enjoy no crowds or lines and ride the rollercoasters. 

I felt like I didn't do a lot of shopping in October, but then I realized we are pretty much done with Christmas gifts for Lil' Miss which feels AH-MAZING! Santa has already been putting in WORK! I scooped up a new mirror at Homegoods for only $35 for the downstairs bathroom which totally transformed the space, and ordered new curtains for our master bedroom. A new pillow which arrived the next day to help with my chronic neck and back pain - it even has indentations for stomach sleepers which is my kryptonite. Aside from disc issues, I attribute most of my chronic pain due to the fact that I sleep on my stomach and my neck tenses up. We are our own worst enemies right?

Lil' Miss went back to school the 1st week of October, and was SO excited to sport her new Princess Sophia backpack. I didn't realize it until she returned how much she NEEDED to be back at school. Being back with her friends, having more structure, and in a learning environment was exactly what she needed after so many months at home. She is THRIVING, and I'm so thankful I finally sent her back. 

Hands down, my favorite purchase for myself all month was this OTS top which I found on major sale for 50% off. It's the perfect piece for the warmer weather we've been having, but breezy sleeves for the fall season. 



17 comments:

  1. Over the moon for your Halloween goodness! Cutest costumes. We are our kids maids, so that was perfect, lol. Happy new month beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that - the halloween costume finally came in handy!! I need some new gummies for Sophia so I'll try those out! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all look so cute! What a fun party and way to celebrate with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all are so dang cute in your costumes!! I miss dressing up like we did when B and I were newlyweds. Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabulous in that costume! This was the first year in awhile I did not dress up. Looks like all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much spooky fun! Glad you were able to celebrate this strange Halloween and still make the best of it! You are the cutest in your costume!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. S looks so cute in her costume! Zoe would love that bookbag, she pretty much watches Sofia at some point every day. I want to send Zoe back to school so badly, I think she would definitely be thriving more as well. Hopefully soon! Those cups and straws are your party are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot mama! So glad you all had fun and S had a great birthday 2020 style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun party! You and Serena are so cute in your costumes!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Halloween costume. So cute. And Serena as Jasmine is soooo cute. What a fun month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like it was such a fun Halloween and I love the costumes! Serena looks so precious!

    Rosy Outlook 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun halloween look girl! Happy November :) Hope it's a good one!

    xx, mel
    http://melinspired.com/tech-gift-ideas-every-person-life/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kids are so cute in their costumes! it's nice they were able to dress up - we don't really do Halloween here so it was no different from any other year for us, haha!

    So good to see it's safe enough for your daughter to go back to school too! We only had iso at home for a few weeks but it was nice when it was over and the kids could go back to school, I feel they missed a lot in 6 weeks!

    Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope that you are having a nice weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice work on having Christmas taken care of!

    I love that you kept the costume all these years and finally got to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your costumes are so fun! And how great that you still had this one in the packaging ready to wear! Wishing you happy holidays! Thanks for joining the #StylishMonday link up!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete