Deck the Halls with Sequins

'Tis the season am I right? I have almost everything I need for Thanksgiving next week (including scoring A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on DVD - take that Apple TV), and we are heading down to the Keys for some much needed unplugging and family time in paradise before sitting down to give thanks over turkey. I was this close to decking the halls, but we are finally replacing the builders grade carpet downstairs in our home and everything will have to be moved while the new flooring is installed so I have to wait a bit longer to jingle our bells. Between the new pup chewing at the old carpet in some corners, play-doh stains from a certain toddler who shall remain nameless, and it rising up in places it.is.TIME. So, I am perfectly happy waiting to spread some Christmas cheer a little bit longer. 







Some of my favorite scenes from last year's holiday season - lots of light peeping with Lil' Miss, the Christmas Boat Parade downtown by the lake, and girl's day out at Disney Springs for the Trail of Trees. This year will look a little different - we still plan on light peeping, and taking Lil' Miss to the 2020 version of Disney Spring's festive-ness. Lots and lots of cozy loungewear at home, but I still want an excuse to bust out the sequins and velvet and by golly I will! 


Speaking of sequins, I have my eye on a few sparkly pieces that are for both lounging and for play. I even found a sparkly face mask! Because it is still 2020 after all. 


Last year, we became "that family" and all donned matching Holiday Mickey Pajama Pants, and this year's version has such a cute pop of green. Perfect for opening presents on Christmas morning or lounging around watching Christmas specials. 


I spend a lot of time in the kitchen around the holidays baking and whipping up fancy meals, and even Lil' Miss likes to join in on the fun. You can count on this apron being on repeat and did someone say cheese? And if we end up going anywhere fun, I'm drooling over this sequin romper and these velvet pants. They may need to be tucked away until next year or break them out for some bubbles on the backyard patio to feel fancy. We deserve it! I'll probably be more likely to be found in these sparkly leggings and this pullover by Free People on my couch. 


And how darling is this ornament? Such a great gift idea - it can hang on the tree and it's my favorite makeup setting spray to keep our look glowing all day or all night long. 




21 comments:

  1. Nope, we need ALL the sequins! I’ve been eyeing that romper too and love the apron! Happy Monday babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you guys are going to get out of a town a bit! I think we are going to start decorating little by little this week - it's the earliest I've ever done it LOL! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goooodness, Serena's precious little tulle skirt!! That is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your picks, especially this sequin romper. Enjoy your getaway,Kate.

    https://www.ninakobi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally just ordered us family Christmas pajamas this year. I also got Zoe and I some mommy and me ones with a matching one for her doll! Love the sequins. I bet you are excited about the carpet replacement! Hope it all goes smoothly. We had all the floors (except the kitchen, dining room and bathrooms) in our house replaced when we moved in. Such a mess but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss sequins! I love her little skirt! Have fun at the keys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that draped sequin top and definitely intrigued by those sequin leggings. I'm definitely trying to add sparkle to my life wherever I can find it at this point! I even put a tree up in the bedroom yesterday... yes, that definitely happened. I'm working on decorating a little at a time. You know, spread it out and enjoy it longer. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want a sparkly mask but I was wondering how comfortable it may be?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pink romper is BEYOND!! I also want to order those velvet leggings, cannot beat that price! YAY for new floors, that is the best way to kick off the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pictures make me miss our Disneyland trip last year. I wish we were going this year. I love that sequin top. Perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems that we are all into sparks and glitter and all things fabulous. That skirt on your daughter is adorable
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a little sequined-anything! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! I also got the Peanuts Thanksgiving (and Halloween), so yes..take that Apple tv! :) Love this cute backdrop too!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited for all the Christmas festivities even though they will look very different this year! Give me all the sequins and cozy loungewear!

    Rosy Outlook 

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely need some sequins to brighten up my day! Love the sequin and plaid combo! And those zella leggings are so cute!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  16. You absolutely need a sequin mask I mean do we know you? You need it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh, have fun down in the Keys! Sounds blissful! Yeah, I would def. wait if you're getting the carpet torn up and replaced. We need new carpet sometime soon! A sequin mask sounds super fun to me :)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yesss to all of the sequins this time of the year. I hope you guys have a great trip-- I wish I could transport myself to the beach, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree this year calls for all the sequins! I saw a sequin facemask at the stores the other day and I thought of getting it but we don't have to wear masks here so I doubt I'd ever wear it! It would be fun though, haha! :)

    Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you are having a great weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am having a quiet Thanksgiving and making roast chicken. I don't decorate until the first week of December. I love the ballet skirt so cute!! And loving your looks here too!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete