Home Office Refresh

I've been fortunate to work from home since the beginning of the virus that shall not be named, and worked on creating a space that I look forward to spending time in each day. Even before the pandemic, I was able to work from home once or twice a week and utilized this space but it was a blank canvas until I knew it was more of a permanent situation.  




Once it became evident that we were home for the long haul (no complaints here - I never want to work on site again!) I began updating the space with a new desk, desk chair, curtains, artwork on the wall, and of course all the fun accessories. 







One of my favorite items is actually hanging up on the wall - it's a push pin map of the world showcasing different color pins for the following: 

1. Places we have all been as a family
2. Places H and I have been together
3. Places I have only been to (i.e. work trips)
4. Places we haven't been, but want to get to in the near future

I love the thrill of adding new pins or changing out the color from "place we want to go" to "been there, done that". 






Real Life:
A peak at what the office looks like most days includes notebooks everywhere, slippers strewn about, weights out for Peloton workouts that I squeeze in, drawings from Lil' Miss, to-do lists, and of course the planner which is always open to keep me on track. Oh and cords everywhere - still haven't figured out how to properly hide them since my desk isn't up against the wall. Oh well. 



Separation of church and state - the pink laptop to the left is my personal computer which I use for work outs, contract work, blogging, online shopping, paying bills etc... while the black laptop and monitor to the right are for work.


I'm fortunate to love what I do, and of course have many stressful moments. I believe having a space that you love and enjoy to come to each day is the key to keeping a fresh perspective and a positive attitude. 

 

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of push pins on a map. I need to start thinking of where we should travel this year. Your pics always inspire me! :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your office space is so cute! Love the map! What a fun way to keep track of your travels!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I have always wanted to keep a map of our travels, too. I'd love to buy a giant world map and put it on the wall in the garage!

    ReplyDelete