Western Caribbean Cruise on the Carnival Liberty leaving from Miami stopping in Cozumel Mexico, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios, Jamaica - August 2008
Southern Caribbean Cruise on Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas leaving from San Juan stopping in Aruba, Curacao, Dominica, and St. Thomas - November 2009 (my favorite!)
Exotic Western Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Dream leaving from Port Canaveral stopping in Cozumel, Roatan Honduras, Belize City Belize, and Costa Maya Mexico - August 2011
Bahamas Cruise on Norwegian Sky leaving from Miami stopping in Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay - November 2013
Western Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Epic leaving from Barcelona stopping in Marseille, France and Palma de Mallorca, Spain - May 2014
Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Liberty leaving from Port Canaveral stopping in Nassau Bahamas, St. Thomas USVI, San Juan Puerto Rico, and Grand Turk - March 2015
Next up on my cruising list is another Mediterranean cruise, an Alaskan cruise, or a Hawaiian cruise. Any votes?
Why I love cruising
1. The excitement of seeing several new islands/countries on just one vacation. There's nothing like boarding a floating resort knowing that you'll be making several fabulous stops, and experiencing new countries and cultures.
*Norwegian Epic - recap found here*
*Carnival Liberty - recap found here*
*Carnival Dream - Recaps found here*
5. The impeccable service. The staff on-board are amazing no matter what cruise line I've been on, they are always going above and beyond. They even put on a show around dessert time at dinner where they sing and dance. Get to know them and learn their names, so you can make sure to give them a special shout out in your post-vacation surveys. That's how they get their raises and promotions which go a long way!
1. Don't forget your passport! Anything else you may forget at home can be re-purchased (bathing suits, toiletries, even formal wear) on board. But you'll need your passport to get on board (some cruises only require a birth certificate, but it's always best to bring your passport).
2. Spring for the balcony stateroom, it is worth every penny! Once you go balcony you can't go back, and it's so true. You get a lot more room in the stateroom, plus a sitting area, and your own private veranda which is great for enjoying room service breakfast in the mornings (always free) and a night cap in the evenings.
*Our stateroom on the Norwegian Epic*
4. Order as much food as you want! When at dinner, if you want 3 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 3 desserts... go for it! Sometimes it's hard to choose just one thing, and you're able to order as much as you want and the servers love it!
5. Cruise with friends! We've been on several cruises just the two of us, and we've also cruised on a 7 night cruise with another couple, and a 3 night cruise with a group of 10 of us which was so much fun!
*Bahamas Cruise recap found here*
6. If you're on a short cruise like a 3 night itinerary to the Bahamas, purchase the beverage package especially if you're traveling with a group. When 10 of us sailed to the Bahamas for a friend's birthday it was nice to just order drinks or a round of champagne for everyone at dinner without worrying about it all adding up. It also worked out great on the private island in the Bahamas that all of our food and drinks were included there as well since it was owned by the cruise line.
7. Practice safe sun! Don't forget to pack sunscreen, aloe (in case of sunburns), and a beach hat to further protect your face. Of course you're going to come back beautifully bronzed, but you don't need to burn or cause skin damage by not protecting yourself on the trip.
8. HAVE FUN! I have the best time, when I get up and dance with the entertainment crew during deck parties and at the night club. You'll hear the same line dance songs over and over, but you'll be a champ by the end of your cruise.
9. Enjoy all the fruity umbrella drinks, this is the time to indulge!
10. Enjoy the fun amenities on board like the Broadway style shows, ice bars, karaoke, jazz lounges, comedy clubs, themed deck parties, and specialty shows such as The Blue Man Group.
What do you love about cruising?
**********************************************Link-up Rules:2. Link up your favorite travel recaps or travel related posts3. Grab our Wanderlust Wednesdays button and link back to our blogs4. Be sure to visit other blogs and build your travel bucket list!**************************************************************