Wanderlust Wednesdays ~ Cruising to the Bahamas

Since moving to Florida, it's super easy (and cheap!) to hop on over to the Bahamas for a last minute getaway. Up until a few years ago, I had never been to the Bahamas despite the numerous cruises I had been on. So I was super excited when one of my friends planned her 30th birthday around a cruise to the Bahamas. For less than $200 per person, we stopped in Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay (Norwegian Cruise Line's private island in the Bahamas) and I officially was no longer a Bahamas-virgin. And then I happily returned again on a cruise this past spring where I spent the day at the Atlantis Resort.

Now that I've been twice, I can't wait to go back. It's a super cheap and less than an hour flight, so next time I think I'll take the "as the crow flies" route even though I love love love cruises!

Bahamas 2013
10 of us set sail with the cloudy Miami skyline in the background, and were ready for 3 days of fun sailing to the Bahamas. And I must say their ultimate beverage package was definitely a win! Since we all got the unlimited drinks package we did champagne toasts at dinner, and drank as much as we wanted on the ship and in the private island since it's owned by the cruise line without worrying about racking up a huge bill at the end of the cruise. 
*Blame it on the ultimate beverage package*
Waking up and seeing the beautiful water of the Bahamas was priceless, I was finally there! I couldn't wait to get out and explore Nassau. We all took a giant cab over to Paradise Island for a day at the beach before heading back into Nassau for obligatory drinks at Senor Frogs and some souvenir shopping before getting back on the ship to get ready for dinner and the White Hot Party.
That water....
*Birthday Dinner and White Hot Party Time*
*Yes I was blonde back then*
*White Hot Party time on the top deck*
*Always a photo bomb*
The next morning we docked in Great Stirrup Cay for another fun beach day which included unlimited food and drinks since the island is owned by the cruise line. Win-win!
Such a fun trip, and can't wait to do it again in the near future!

Bahamas - 2015
On my most recent cruise this past March to the Eastern Caribbean, the first stop was in Nassau. This time I was excited to do an excursion to the Atlantis resort where we went on a tour of the grounds, got to see their famous aquariums, and had full use of their pools, beach, waterslides, and lazy river. So much fun! You can read my full reviews from this cruise of the ship here and the ports of call here and why we will never sail with Carnival again *womp womp*. 
It was beautiful there, and so surreal to finally be exploring the place I've seen on tv and in magazines for years. We toured the aquariums first before hitting up the water park, and eventually we went down to the beach to swim in the aqua blue water before shelling out $14 for those pretty yard drinks.
*Sailed away from the Bahamas with this gorgeous sunset outside our balcony*

**********************************************
Link-up Rules:
1. Follow KerriEmily, and myself on Bloglovin
2. Link up your favorite travel recaps or travel related posts
3. Grab our Wanderlust Wednesdays button and link back to our blogs
4. Be sure to visit other blogs and build your travel bucket list!

41 comments:

  1. I've been to the Bahamas a few times and once via a cruise and whenever I go it's always a party!!! I love the island as well - people are so friendly and who doesn't love Caribbean weather - and seriously it's just so close to florida lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to the Bahamas but it is sooooo on my list. I need to do a Bahaman cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Bahamas--so pretty! Your photos look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have always wanted to go to the bahamas, so i appreciate your trips to different places down memory lane with this link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome group trip...it looks like you guys had tons of fun on your first Bahamas adventure! I stayed at the Atlantis on a family trip back when I was 12 but haven't been there since.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my does this ever bring back memories!! We used to own a time share at the Atlantis! We used it several years but the fees got so outrageous we sold it. I do adore Paradise island!! Love your green bikini and the white strapless! You were smokin as a blonde too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I can't believe you were able to go for that cheap! If I can EVER get J on a plane again, this is our next stop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, looks like you had a great time! I was in the Bahamas when I was in third grade so I don't remember all that much, but it's hard to forget about that gorgeous water!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Bahamas but I especially love cruises to the Bahamas! It's so nice to be able to relax on a boat while someone else gets you to your final destination haha! And the unlimited drink package is definitely a good idea!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  10. what amazing trips! i can't keep up with you guys - but know it would be a blast if i ever did join! your hair is so blonde i can't get over it hehe. what great memories for sure!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh I love the Bahamas!! So fun!! I'm going on a cruise in the beginning of December and I cannot wait!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  12. so amazing!! we're sailing oct 11 but stopping at different stops. i've never been on a cruise before so hopefully it'll be as fun as this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love cruising the Bahamas! It is definitely a great trip to take, and one to take over and over. I have done it three times but it has been a while so now I clearly need to go again! And look at your blonde hairs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that I want to go to the beach... haha. Anyways... I haven't been to the Bahamas since spring break in college. It was great though!! My husband has been to Grand Cayman, but I've never been there. All of your pictures are beautiful, and LOVE your gold sequin bikini too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG. This looks like an amazing trip! I went on a cruise one time and I swear it was the best vacation I've ever had! I need to get my butt back on another one ASAP!

    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun trip! I have never been on a cruise but I have been to Atlantis. I spent hours on that lazy river!! It was so much fun. Great pictures. You look so pretty as a blonde.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun cruise! It looks like you had a great time!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soooo jealllouusssssssssssssss!!!!! Ok, the fact that you can cruise off to the Bahamas whenever for cheap!? I may need to move to Florida!!! By the way, you look great as a blonde!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So fun! Those 3 day cruises are the best for getting away for the weekend for a little R&R! Loved all of your pics. I'd love to fly there too one day - easy and fast flight with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So. Much. Fun!! I've only been on one cruise with my family in high school and it had a stop in Nassau and we loved exploring! Nick and I have actually just started about possibly going on a cruise the week between Christmas and the New Year... will be staying away from Carnival though ;) What's your favorite cruise line?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. MFD loved Atlantis and would go back and stay there. I'm not a huge fan of the Nassau area so I always say no. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun trip! I can't believe the awesome price!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Even though I've been on a few cruises, I've still never been to the Bahamas either! It definitely looks like a place I want to add to my bucket list because it looks so beautiful! And the Unlimited Drink package sounds like the perfect way to enjoy a cruise because they charge you SO much for drinks normally!

    ReplyDelete
  24. One of my coworkers just got back from the Bahamas and she had a blast. :) I can't imagine cruising with a large group but it looks like you had a blast on your first trip there. I would love to go the Bahamas. I blame it all on that MK&A movie. ;) XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that the Bahamas is so close and affordable for us Floridians to get too. You and the crew look like you had an absolute blast! I've been itching to go on another cruise but I think we need to give our bank account a small break lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. So, so fun!! I used to think that the Bahamas was sooo far away until I had a friend in Florida tell me it was just a hop, skip and a jump from her. Looks gorgeous and you guys certainly look like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ahh this makes me want to do a cruise so badly!! The Bahamas look incredible and I know friends who have gone there and loved it. Awesome that you guys did the unlimited drink package, makes it less worrysome :)!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's awesome that you can do this for so cheap! What a good idea for a 30th!!! That water is incredible... I could use w trip like this right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  29. ughhhh so jealous! if we want to go on a cruise, we have to fly somewhere first, and that adds a day or two and makes it less of a long weekend away and more of a week (and i don't have that much vacay time left lol). i hope we get to go on a cruise one day! love your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh man, that sounds like a super affordable trip!!! And ummm that is less than an hour flight from you? I love the idea of a cruise but just don't know if I can handle being on a boat. Either way...it sounds like you know how to do them right!! Love how pretty the water looks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I can't believe how cheap it is for y'all to get to the Bahamas! That's awesome! I've stayed at the Atlantis before and I've been wanting to go back ever since. It's gorgeous out there!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You have NO idea how jealous I am!!! I am always telling Jason we NEED to go on a cruise to the Bahamas like asap, I want to go SO bad! I can't believe you got to see the Atlantis Hotel!! That's also my dream to go to haha seriously you lived my dream vacation, soooo jealous!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  34. Holy goodness! That's so cheap & so awesome! I would love to go to he Bahamas. That's where my parents went for their anniversary...and then one other time & ever since their 2nd trip, when I was actually alive ha, I have wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my gosh these pictures are gorgeous! I've never been to the Bahamas but you have me itching to go!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The water looks amazing!! I haven't been but this is going on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great pictures! Love the jewelry

    www.DianeFnk.com

    ReplyDelete