Weekends Should be Longer

Why do the weekends always go by so quick?! I feel like it was literally just Friday afternoon and I was so thankful that my horrendous workweek was over and it was the weekend and alas here we are on Sunday night and I'm getting ready for my OC ladies to return at 10:00 on Bravo.

The weekend was good, it felt so great to sleep in and have some "me time". Yesterday morning I left for my spin class and when I got to the gym and asked for a pass for the class the guy at the desk said he had given them all out, I was so upset and shocked that I asked "Really?" and he reassured me the class was filled up even though I showed up early as I always do. So, I decided to go over to the cardio area and give myself my own kick-butt workout. I ran for 1/2 an hour and then did some strength training. It felt good to get a great workout in even though I missed my favorite class. After showering and having some lunch, H and I went over to visit our lot and see the progress. They staked out our lot so now we know how far back our land goes, and there's more than enough room for our pool and to have plenty of grassy area leftover. We also got to meet some of our future neighbors who are closing later this week (jealous).

I decided to use a YouTube tutorial to achieve that "smoky eye" look to go out last night using my Urban Decay Naked Palette. I thought it came out great, just not as much "pizazz" as the girl in the tutorial of course. I didn't use false eyelashes, but I still feel like I should have achieved more of the look.


I liked her tutorial I'm just bummed I'm not artistic enough to fully achieve the look. Below is the tutorial I used.


Today was more relaxing, I got a bunch of housework done and made a pot of sauce for dinner and I tried a new recipe for dessert. I got a cake recipe out of my In Style magazine. Every once in a while a recipe in one of my magazines catches my eye. I tried a pasta dish last week that neither H or I were too crazy about. It came out ok, but wasn't good enough to try again. But I tried another recipe tonight called Cocoa Pebbles Crunch Cake and it was GOOD!



Cocoa Pebbles Crunch Cake

1 oz. (approximately 1 square) semisweet chocolate
8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
4 tbsp, plus 1 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups cake flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 8" cake pans
4 cups Cocoa Pebbles loosely packed
1 16 oz jar of Marshmallow Fluff
1/4 cup milk

Heat oven to 350 degrees
Heat chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for about 40 seconds until melted, stirring every 15 seconds
Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar
Incorporate eggs
Mix in oil, buttermilk, vanilla, and melted chocolate
Scrape down sides of bowl, add flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder
Mix on low speed until batter is smooth
Spray cake pans with nonstick spray
Divide batter evenly among pans and bake cakes for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Cool cakes in pans
In a large bowl, mix Cocoa Pebbles and 1 and 1/4 cups of marshmallow fluff. 
Brush bottom layer of cake with milk, top with crunch/fluff mix
Place next layer of cake on top 
Recipe calls for more fluff/crunch mix on top, but I used a can of white frosting instead which H and I thought turned out better. 
Refrigerate any leftovers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment