Summer Things

I can't believe that Lil' Miss has been out of school for a few weeks. She's already had a week of gymnastics camp, a week of VBS and we've been packing in all the summer fun. We've settled back in at home after H's birthday trip to Colorado, we celebrated him at the house with friends and have been enjoying trips to get ice cream, a fun experience at the Museum of Illusions, leisurely meals on the patio and of course lots of pool time. 




I worked with our cake baker (a former neighbor who makes the BEST cakes - they taste as great as they look!) to create a birthday cake that reflected his favorite things: The Kansas City Chiefs (not a bandwagoner - he's been a huge fan since he was a kiddo. When I met him we used to be the only people wearing red jerseys in a sea of green at Giants Stadium when they played the Jets and only had 2-3 wins for the season), travel, the Colorado Rockies, golf and Blue Moon beer. I just forgot to add a PS5 controller.













Update on my chronic pain - I still get monthly massages which help immensely. When the virus that shall not be named shut everything down, the pain was out of control when I couldn't go for a few months. Ideally, I'd go weekly but ummmm that'd be super expensive. Monthly does the job! 





I also had my 1st ever Sugar Factory experience, and let me say YUM! However, the sticker shock when we got the check for just 2 drinks was YIKES! Definitely touristy pricing (it is in the ICON Park area on International Drive so totally makes sense, but still) so I don't foresee us going back anytime soon. 




Dress {available in 7 colors} | Belt Bag {available in 10 colors|} | Sandals 


We also renewed our Universal annual passes and booked a weekend staycation to celebrate our anniversary. It's even more magical when we get off a ride after the park is closed, and it feels like we have the place to ourselves.










4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your husband! It sounds like you had a fun celebration! That cake looks amazing!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is amazing! Happy birthday to your husband!! I didn't know that you suffered from chronic pain, but I'm so sorry you do. I suffered for chronic pain for years after I gave birth to Jacob so I know just how horrendous it can be. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I still have flareups every now and then, but most of is has resolved, thankfully. It was miserable suffering like that for all those years, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Happy Birthday here! This is a great cake what a good job they did! You guys looked liked you had a great time. Glad you feeling better, chronic pain is very difficult to deal with I know. Your day/trip looked fun. : )

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete