LDW on the Lake

A day on the lake (or any body of water - beach, pool etc...) is always good for the soul. Combine that with good friends, and it's a winning combo. 



We laid low to kick off Labor Day Weekend by going to happy hour at one of our favorite local spots, relaxing in the pool and grilling. 




I shopped my closet for happy hour, and re-styled this twisted one shoulder bodysuit that I wore the week before on date night with some pull-on shorts that Emily gave me for my birthday a few years ago. For everyone who misses Emily in blog world - she's making an appearance below from our lake day. Always a good day catching up with her! 




On Sunday, we went to a friend's lake house for a framily BBQ, floating, more grilling and fun on the boat. Lil' Miss was living her best life eating popsicles and watermelon, watching everyone go tubing and was even jumping off the dock with the older kiddos. 


*My sweet girl - always living her best life*
















Please settle a debate for me - I dressed Lil' Miss and I in our red, white and blue stars and stripes bathing suits (and her dress after we changed out of wet clothes). I also painted my nails blue, and when I told H that it was festive he gave me a weird look and said "Not for Labor Day - just Memorial Day and 4th of July". I was always under the impression that the 3 summer holidays were a time to don the red, white and blue stars and stripes gear and enjoy water fun and grill food. When we showed up, we were the only ones wearing what some would consider 4th of July gear. 

Do you typically sport red, white and blue on Labor Day as well? 

Shop this Post



5 comments:

  1. Okay, your friend with the Dave Matthews Band hat - please tell her I want to be her BFF! You know how much I love them and it's always so exciting to see fellow fans... I was way too excited when I saw that. Haha. As far as Labor Day colors go - yes, we have always done red, white, and blue on Labor Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm all IN for making those family lake memories! And I second the comment above - yay for your friends DMB trucker hat. We are seeing them next weekend at the Hollywood Bowl. My absolute favorite band ever!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! I love the festive bathing suits you wore this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, spending time on the water is the best! It looks like such a fun weekend!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Labor Day is red, white and blue too, but not AS much as people go all out for Memorial Day and 4th of July. My son had a football game the Friday before Labor Day and they asked everyone to dress up in red, white and blue! The water photos look so fun and relaxing!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete