Celebrating in Blue

I don't have all the right words, but I do know my heart is still processing the past few weeks. I have been a little quiet on Instagram, and vaguely mentioned that I had a heavy week recently. Our framily group was rocked with the news that we lost one of our friends. I left work in tears after receiving the news, and had an emotional and weepy couple weeks. However, I am in awe of the never-ending support we all have for each other and we were fortunate to come together this weekend and have a celebration of life as she would have never wanted us to come together in sadness. I almost blubbered like a baby as soon as I arrived, but we focused on all the fun memories and her legacy of unconditional kindness she left behind. 


Everyone wore blue as it was her favorite color, and she was almost always wearing a shade of it. As we came together we reminisced and caught up with some friends we hadn't seen in years. It was truly good for the soul. 









Not much else has been happening as we stayed pretty quiet last weekend with the exception of grabbing margaritas at our favorite local spot, trying out new-to-us local coffee, and a stop by Nordstrom Rack where Lil' Miss was excited to pick out new sneakers for school. She begins VPK in a few weeks, and this momma heart can't believe it! 




And I am a wee bit excited that the Olympics have finally returned. The next 2 weeks will be all about watching the world's best athletes. My all time favorite is of course gymnastics, and the GOAT herself Simone Biles posted the schedule of when to tune in to both the men and the women's gymnastics events on her Instagram Stories which I screenshotted in addition to scheduling every moment to record on the DVR. 



What are you most excited to tune in for? Gymnastics? Same. We also enjoy diving, swimming, track and field, and beach volleyball. What I love the most is how excited Lil' Miss is for all of it as well. Raise 'em right! 


Shop this Post



13 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss - thats terribly sad but looks like you all celebrated her so nicely! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to all come together to celebrate her.

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet friend. It's wonderful that you were all able to get together to celebrate her life. I love that y'all wore her favorite color. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That is so heartbreaking. I am glad that you were all able to get together and celebrate her life and I hope that you all find comfort in your memories of her. On a brighter note, that bodysuit is gorgeous! Sending you a big hug too. XO, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss. Wearing blue to honor her was beautiful. I watched some of the Olympics too. Glad you found shoes for Little Miss at Nordstrom Rack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. An unexpected death like that can be so earth shattering. Sending you all the love xxoo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss - it's good you could get together to celebrate your friend. I think it was so hard when the covid restrictions were around and people couldn't have those big gatherings for funerals. It's good they are all over now.

    Hope your week is off to a good start :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry for your loss. Love that you all came together to celebrate in her favorite color. I used to get really excited for gymnastics in the summer Olympics, but I haven't really been following like I used to. I may try to tune in to at least one of the women's gymnastics events to let Zoe see. She is super into gymnastics since starting this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m so sorry to hear about your loss.
    This is so nice you all gathered with your friends and this is so sweet you’re all wearing blue as of her favorite color.
    Your top was really gorgeous.
    Just like you I’m really into the olympics. It’s really fun to watch it with my husband since he is American and I’m French. We’re of course both cheering up for our own team so US vs France game are always a lot of fun.
    XX
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry you lost a friend I have been through this and it is not easy. What a nice and touching way to remember her, she must have been a special person.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend; that is absolutely devastating. I'm glad you all were able to get together and celebrate her life though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so, so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It's so hard to lose anyone- but even tougher to lose them so young. The celebration looked like a beautiful way to celebrate her life. Thinking of you!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete