Monday Coffee Catch Up

To say I've been burnt out lately would be a total understatement, if a candle had more than 2 ends I would have burned through them all at this point. Work has been crazy busy (but a great kind of crazy), we had family in town for a few weeks, lil' miss is in her final week of swim lessons which is an every day commitment for 6 weeks, and I'm realizing that alas I am not Super Woman and I in fact cannot do it all. With that said, I am more than ready to relax in the Caribbean without wifi and have quality time with my little family.
So please pass all the coffee this beautiful Monday morning as I head into a marathon week of meetings, swim lessons, and a promise to myself not to work after hours. Now, it's time to catch up over said coffee and talk about what has been going on the past few months amidst the craziness.

I've been online shopping a lot, but in my defense it's all in the name of vacation-prep. And lil' miss has received a lot more new goodies than I have. Why are toddler girl clothes so darling? We've also been replacing things around the house - some boring like a new kitchen garbage can, but also some fun like a new patio set and a new kitchen faucet.
I also struggled with some pretty bad anxiety over what ended up being several pinched nerves and sciatica. The numbness and tingling throughout my body combined with pain and muscle spasms sent me to the doctor all freaked out. Several tubes of blood work later, it turned out to be a structural problem as opposed to something super scary. HUGE sigh of relief, but for several weeks I put myself through the ringer and was in a really bad dark place. 

My doctor suggested going for a massage which I wasn't going to say no to, and the masseuse was shocked at how many major knots I had all over my body including in my face. At my follow up appointment a few weeks later, she said she noticed that the knots were much better and would actually give. Progress! 
In the name of online shopping - I snagged these beauties for 25% off over the weekend. I had been eyeing them for a while, and when I saw they were on sale I jumped on them. I foresee them being on serious repeat, and worn with all the sundresses and shorts on our upcoming cruise.


Speaking of the cruise, I tested out this fab one piece over the weekend that I scooped up for the trip for less than $30. It comes in 6 colors/patterns and I kinda want them all now. I'm thrilled with my first one piece swimsuit purchase since middle school. 



This dress has been on repeat, and I can't get over how comfy it is especially when paired with sneakers. Girls.... don't walk.. RUN! It's only $15 and it has pockets!


Another sale purchase was a new phone case because I apparently can't get enough leopard print. Yes, it's for an iPhone 7, but it was on major sale and I'm not due for an upgrade for another 3 long months. I'm way too cheap to get a new phone until my upgrade so say hello to my favorite neutral.
While my in-laws were here visiting, they helped H install our new kitchen faucet and I can't stop staring at it every time I walk through that part of the house. She's so pretty! What we replaced was the builder's grade faucet which will not be missed.


With my health scare, and all the stress lately I've been putting my diffuser into overdrive, and can't believe it took me so long to jump on the essential oils train. The train has left the station, and isn't coming back! 


I've missed you all, let's catch up and tell me what's going on with you because sadly I'm waaaaay behind on blog reading. 

Shop this Post




26 comments:

  1. Wow! You’ve been so busy. Glad you are feeling better those insane swim classes are coming to an end. Hope you have a wonderful vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I feel you on burning the candle from both ends- 2019 has been insane already! Hopefully your vacay is a great chance to unwind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear what you've been dealing with! I hope that you are better and feeling great soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about the pain and numbness, glad it was nothing serious! Work has been crazy here too and not in a good way. I have that suit in my cart, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, so sorry about what you've been dealing with! I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better!

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one piece and I adore this cute dress! Your trip sounds amazing so take care of yourself so you can enjoy it.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take care of yourself, girl! Sounds like regular massages need to be a thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lady take one day at a time and not try to push yourself where you feel stressed. I know you have a ton going on and want to make it all happen but sometimes you have to focus on the priories. Hopefully after Baby Fashionista's swimming lessons end, you can get some more normalcy. I've also been browsing around for a new patio set and love the one you picked out. We need to catch up soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm obsessed with that new bathing suit and your new kitchen faucet - really random but I've had my eye on that one! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get some good relaxation in girl -- you deserve it!
    Love all of the goodies you have bought -- that faucet and those sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh gosh, sorry you've been so busy girl but glad it's a good kind of busy. i'm in love with your patio set, i need it. and oh my gosh, that is so scary about the pinched nerves and whatnot. glad it was nothing more serious and i am glad the massage helped. i have that same exact swimsuit and love it! hope you enjoy your cruise, you deserve some relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad the massages have been helping you. I'm going through something similar and have been thinking it's nerves that are causing some major tingling for me too (which scares me to death each day, as I cry to my Husband that it's something serious). I'm going to look into getting a massage now to see if it helps me too. So glad you're feeling better!!XO

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m so happy to hear the pain wasn’t a larger scare. Massage it up! I had that phone case for my old phone- love love love it. So excited for your Disney cruise- it was one of the best vacations we ever went on. Enjoy! And yes toddler girl clothes are the CUTEST!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh- I'm so glad the doc found out what was bothering you and you're on the road to recovery! Super scary, and when you don't know how serious the issue, it can cause SO much anxiety!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like you are seriously due for this vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is nothing a good massage can't fix! I'm glad you are getting that vacation and my best advice is TAKE it girl. I was super aware of my phone habits on mine and kept it in my bag a lot and went hours without touching it. It made me feel so much better! LOVE that one piece!
    xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow so busy!! I hope you have tkmr to catch a breather and get some rest now, you deserve it! I love those oil diffusers too, so calming.

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the green suit! SO cute for summer. I hope you're able to take a breather as it sounds like you are busy girl!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am jealous; there you are in a gorgeous swim suit and here i am waiting for the ground to thaw so my FIL can start planting my herbs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your swimwear <3 Such a great one!

    http://carmelatte.co/color-trends-for-s-s2019-my-favs/

    ReplyDelete
  21. It always feels so good to find out that your issue isn't anything too major! I mean if a massage is the prescription, then heck yes! What kind of diffuser did you get? I need to jump aboard. I love those shoes, that new faucet and the patio furniture!!! All exciting things! I hope your week calms down!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are a super woman and this vacation is well deserved. You look awesome in that swimsuit. You are one hot mama!! Happy to hear that you are doing better and it wasn't anything too serious. You know stress can cause a number of issues. I try balancing my stress, it's easier said than done but I'm working on it. Have a wonderful vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your swimsuit. I bet little miss loved her swim lessons. My girls started three weeks ago and they love it. It is a commitment though, but a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad to hear your health problems were structural and had a solution. Awesome that work is going well and that one piece is super fun

    Allie of
    www.allinyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your green swimsuit! You look gorgeous.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Friend. I'm so glad you're okay. I'm so glad you figured out what was going on. I'm so glad you got a massage (isn't it crazy when they notice all those things) and I hope you'll continue to do that to take care of yourself. There's nothing more important. <3

    ReplyDelete