Frame + Shopping Bag = Wall Art

I'm one of those people who pins a ton of DIY projects on Pinterest or bookmarks something neat I saw on someone's blog and take forever to get around to actually attempting the project. But, remember back when Katie and Steph used to have a "Saw it, Pinned it, Did it" link up? One of the projects that stood out to me the most was when Katie posted about DIY Shopping Bag Art. Such a great idea, considering us girls love to shop and a lot of our hauls come in such pretty shopping bags that you feel guilty throwing away.

Enter the easiest DIY project ever...




I bookmarked this idea on Katie's blog over a year ago *slacker* and finally finished collecting bags and purchasing frames. Word of advice: I didn't pay full price for any of my frames. I purchased them all at Target (of course) with my debit red card to save 5% and only picked up frames that were on clearance, plus I hit the cartwheel jackpot a few times and saved even more $$$.


Exhibit A



Exhibit B


Once I purchased the frames, it was time to set all the bags I had collected into the frames which was super easy. You simply place the bag in the center of the frame, close it, and hang it up on the wall. You can't get easier than that, and it's the perfect decor for the walls of your closet.









*crappy lighting in my closet = mandatory flash*













What do you do with your old shopping bags?

22 comments:

  1. What do I do with my old shopping bags? Well I have them all stacked up in my closet, waiting for the day when I will finally buy picture frames so I can do the same thing in my closet! Maybe now I will actually get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy closet space! I thought I was the only one who decorated the walk in closet! So glad I'm not!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good- the Kate Spade has to be my favorite. I have to agree with everyone above - your closet is what home dreams are made of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love KS designs and they always have the cutest sayings :)

      Delete
  4. super cute!!! and omg, the size of your closet! i am so jealous! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are sooo cute and YOUR CLOSET! I'm dying! It's pretty much the size of my bedroom haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your closet!! I miss having a walk-in. Just a fun, quick project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute idea! and i LOVE your closet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh that closest space.. it's the size of my apartment! I'm pretty sure I've pinned this once or twice too, such a great idea that results in fun wall art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the coolest idea! I have never seen something like this before but it's such a cute and simple way to decorate your closet! And can I please have your closet??

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok......can i have your closet?!?!? HOLY F!! NEED.

    also loving these frames!! i need to do this! i always save bags for some reason...mostly because i like how cute they are! hahah

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great idea- I love the idea of hanging it in a closet (now I just need the closet space!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My friend, also a blogger, has these in her apartment and I always admire how cute they look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girlfriend. Your closet!! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been wanting to do this so badly. I need your closet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Turned out cute! I just hoard all my bags

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a very creative and cute idea!, Currently my shopping bags are waiting to be recycled!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like such a cute and easy diy project!! Also your closet is huge I'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm one of those people who pins a ton of DIY projects on Pinterest or bookmarks something neat I saw on someone's blog and take forever to ... framedwallart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete